Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 12-02-2006

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win
Default Remember, remember

Saw this on the general forums, thought it was clever and funny. I also feel bad for warriors.

"Remember, remember, the 5th of December,
The patch day treason and plot.
I see no reason, for MS and Cleavin',
Since Tseric wants us to spec Prot."

What do you all think of the "rage normalization"? Will it even back out to how it is in current live realms once warriors get level 70 raid gear? Will blizz need to "normalize" it again in the next expansion?

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 12-02-2006

United States Exedore
Forum Elder
 Exedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant futureExedore has a brilliant future
Default Re: Remember, remember

Rage normalization was needed. Warriors doing much higher damage in PvE compared to DPS-only classes was broken. The normalization averages the rage from damage (which is divided by your level and multiplied by some constant) with the rage Blizzard expects for an average main or off-hand weapon of a given speed. The rage from damage already accounts for your level, and the second part is only a factor of the weapon type and speed, which doesn't change with level. So no, rage generation won't return to the pre 2.0.1 levels ever, even at level 70, and it will never need to be re-normalized. The only thing Blizzard may do is tweak coefficients.

However, Blizzard does need to fix problems that warriors have in PvP that ridiculous rage generation rates masked. Warriors are far too vulnerable to CC, snares, and roots, and don't have the DPS they used to. Their burst is still there, but a little harder to do. Basically, warriors need more talents like Second Wind.

Exedore has 752 Posts

Memories that are important to you. Precious memories you can't sweep aside even if you want to.
-- Hoshino Ruri

World of Warcraft: Kirrena - 70 Paladin @ Shattered Hand, Harumi - 70 Warrior @ Shattered Hand

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Exedore Send a message via AIM to Exedore  

Old 12-03-2006

Canada Fester
Drum Freak
 Fester can only hope to improve
Default Re: Remember, remember

While I agree with the raid dps, it kills warriors in pvp. Before this patch we were already at a disadvantage, but with the rage normalization it's even harder. I copied over my warrior (uses an oeb with a few mc/zg items) and I've noticed a significant decrease in rage from dmgout. With the 41 pt talent I get more rage from dmgin along with second wind, but overall I don't seem to be putting out as much dmg, especially burst dmg, as before.

EDIT: I suppose I should read the whole post before posting eh? My points are still valid though.

Fester has 90 Posts

pm.gif