Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Serious Discussion

Serious Discussion Intelligent Debate and Discussion of Important Life Topics.

Old 10-18-2006

China PraetorKoronis
I've Got Cookies!
 PraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightened
Default War vs North Korea

There was an article in "USAToday" Yestarday that quoted Korean representatives to have said, "UN Sanctions will mean war".

Does this mean that North Korea is willing to go to war against other countries for its right to stage nuclear tests? Or perhaps it means that North Korea is warning the world not to try to force it to make a decision?

It seems that with the Iron-Fisted Bush in office, the US will obviously not agree, and the UN will most likely hold sanctions against North Korea should they continue nuclear testing.

But what would be the results and affects of another war? Especially with the US still in Iraq?

And what about the variable of Nuclear weapons? It is evident that North Korea has the technology inherent for the making of them, even if the range is not very long [globally].

PraetorKoronis has 3,029 Posts

管他網外或是網內 月底再考慮通話費 體溫已燃燒到沸點 我不怕熬夜 管他黑眼圈
Quote:
Originally Posted by missilX View Post
PraetorKoronis looks like that crazy dude from Battle Royal.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to PraetorKoronis  

Old 10-18-2006

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Tassadar
Default Re: War vs North Korea

You seem to be missing the grandiose point here. Bush is the leader of the United States, not the United Nations, the organization responsible for imposing sanctions on North Korea. Kim Jong Mentally Ill would prefer to make this a U.S. -vs- N. Korea issue, but it's not. When Mr. Mentally Ill says that this means war, what he means to say is that this is war with the United States. He certainly won't be caught making those statements to China.

pm.gif   

Old 10-18-2006

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

I see it as nothing more then an empty threat. Kim isn't stupit. He knows that if the USA and the UN decide to cut off his resources that his country will be in bad shape. The scary thing about all of this, at least in my opinion is what is China going to do. If the states decide to cut of North Korea, could China decide to do the same agaisnt America? Even scarier then that is if China decides to support NK, which would, at least in my eyes, prove to be a potentionally greater threat than NK itself.

I believe that the States and the UN have enough manpower to effectively launch an attack on NK, but the aftereffects of this back home would not be good. There's already enough people up in arms about Iraq, and if Bush decides to go into NK the number of protesters with roots in America (and world wide for that matter) would do nothing but increase.

Nukes? I'm not too sure, but I believe that as of right now the only people at risk of getting it again is Japan... Could someone inform me otherwise?

Bred has 8,696 Posts

i got atm machines for testicles..go me.. - Demon

pm.gif   

Old 10-18-2006

United States Ben
The Sartorialist
 Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...

China doesn't give a crap about North Korea these days. However, it has a vested interested in ensuring that the Pyongyang government doesn't collapse, to avoid the humanitarian crises of thousands of North Korean refugess pouring over the Chinese border.

So, expect them to take enough action to chastise Kim, but certainly not enough to cause the collapse of Kim's government.

Ben has 11,099 Posts

What's happening?
I keep my dreadlocks in a napkin ring
Rap and sing
Unlike the homogenous clones
I'm in to earth tones, birth stones, and erogenous zones
The more ticklish the more you have
Sitting on the curb of what used to be the burbs
And before that was Canarcie
I'm a disturbed and bitter herb
Like saltwater and parsley

Most Intelligent Debater 2008

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Ben Send a message via MSN to Ben  

Old 10-18-2006

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Tassadar

There is no chance in hell that the U.S. would make any first strike move towards North Korea. I don't even consider it a possibility. As you said, there is too much at stake with China and frankly, North Korea is their bitch. And everyone knows you have to slap your bitch around every now and then. But if the U.S. tries to do the slapping, China would be upset and then we would have to hit them with our pimp cane. And once that happens, well, it's not going to be pretty.

Essentially, we have to wait until North Korea makes a dumb enough move that China decides to take out the trash.

pm.gif   

Old 10-18-2006

United States Admiral Mengsk
 Admiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to lead

Well i will be extremely dissapointed if NK does level SK or nukes someone and Bush doesn't attack. NK is having a tantrum and momma China needs to step up pull out the paddle and have at it.

pm.gif   

Old 10-18-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Mengsk View Post
Well i will be extremely dissapointed if NK does level SK or nukes someone and Bush doesn't attack.
Any attack on a sovereign country would be met with swift retaliation.

pm.gif   

Old 10-18-2006

United States DarkHorizon
Enlisted
 DarkHorizon has a brilliant futureDarkHorizon has a brilliant futureDarkHorizon has a brilliant futureDarkHorizon has a brilliant futureDarkHorizon has a brilliant futureDarkHorizon has a brilliant futureDarkHorizon has a brilliant futureDarkHorizon has a brilliant futureDarkHorizon has a brilliant futureDarkHorizon has a brilliant futureDarkHorizon has a brilliant future

I say we'll step foot Christmas 2008.

DarkHorizon has 693 Posts

i like music
okinawa sucks
all hail chemical dependency

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to DarkHorizon  

Old 10-18-2006

United States Zayntahirziya
Yep.
 Zayntahirziya has much to be proud ofZayntahirziya has much to be proud ofZayntahirziya has much to be proud ofZayntahirziya has much to be proud ofZayntahirziya has much to be proud ofZayntahirziya has much to be proud ofZayntahirziya has much to be proud ofZayntahirziya has much to be proud ofZayntahirziya has much to be proud of

If North Korea bombs Japan, I will join the armed forces. Japan is a pacifist nation guarded under a defense alliance with the United States. We are honor bound and oath bound to protect Japan. If Japan is attacked and Bush does nothing, I will join the Japanese armed forces that would undoubtedly arise shortly thereafter.

Zayntahirziya has 2,793 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-19-2006

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris
 Chaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

Japan isn't a pacifist nation and within ten years they'll have scrapped the pacifist parts of their Constitution.

Which shouldn't make you happy Leut, Japan is pretty much permanently attached at the hip to America, a stronger Japan = a stronger American Empire!

Chaos has 28,439 Posts

WELL THEY CALL ME MIKE D THE EVER LOVING MAN
IM LIKE SPOONIE GEE WELL IM THE METROPOLITICIAN
YOU SCREAM AND YOU HOLLER
BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA
BUT THE SWEAT IS GETTIN WET AROUND THE RING AROUND YOUR COLLAR

pm.gif   

Old 10-19-2006

United States SextheSky[HKT]
Death from Above baby!
 SextheSky[HKT] is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Mengsk View Post
Well i will be extremely dissapointed if NK does level SK or nukes someone and Bush doesn't attack. NK is having a tantrum and momma China needs to step up pull out the paddle and have at it.
But if NK attacks any country with nukes(which I doubt it would even get that far) wouldn't China have to step in or severely punish NK?

SextheSky[HKT] has 16 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-20-2006

China PraetorKoronis
I've Got Cookies!
 PraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightenedPraetorKoronis has become enlightened

OR china could just point out that NK is NOT China...and that it's really not fully their responsibility? :P

Quote:

Old 10-20-2006

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

Well, if NK did start up a war, China would probably soon face tens of thousands of fleeing North Korean's heading for their border. Course with Kim now saying he is 'sorry' for the nuke tests, who really knows what will happen next.

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 10-20-2006

China PraetorKoronis
I've Got Cookies!

BS. But yes, I read that article.

If he really is sorry...wow.

He's going real soft :P

Quote:

Old 10-20-2006

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

We won't invade North Korea because we have nothing to gain from it. Military-industrial complex gains aside, theres no resources.

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

pm.gif