Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2006

United States Ass Kicker
Joshua Jew
 Ass Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too much
Default Third resource?

We already have minerals and vespien gas as resouces but if there is going to be more types of units/buildings in StarCraft 2 is it possible that a third resoucre would be needed for these new units/buildings or to upgrade units/buildings?

Ass Kicker has 3,320 Posts

Welcome to hell newbs your souls are mine!!!!

pm.gif   

Old 10-12-2006

United States Death
The Grim Spectre of Death
 Death was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to lead
Default Re: Third resource?

In my opinion minerals and vespene gas seem sufficiant enough to get a colony running but if there was another resource i'm thinking maybe something like electricity or wood (electricity more likley cause wood might just make it look like Warcraft and besides electricity seems more futuristic)

Death has 1,575 Posts

"Over all people have I surrendered thee the power, only not over this one which has received freedom from Death through the Law"
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

-Death

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Death  

Old 10-13-2006

United States Undead-Fox
BF Member
 Undead-Fox is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
In my opinion minerals and vespene gas seem sufficiant enough to get a colony running but if there was another resource i'm thinking maybe something like electricity or wood (electricity more likley cause wood might just make it look like Warcraft and besides electricity seems more futuristic)
why would we need another resource?

Wood has no use whatsoever in space combat.
Electricity is outdated. Everything is powered by the energy provided from vespene gas.

And that is only from a Terran point of view.

Zerg are all biological, and have no need for such things.
And Protoss are FAR, FAR beyond using such primitive things.

I agree that they do not need another resource.

pm.gif   

Old 10-13-2006

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

Hmm, perhaps Blizz would use Terazen(sp) gas as a third resource. Perhaps in building highly advanced units.

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 10-13-2006

United States wrath9259
What's Burning?
 wrath9259 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, putting in another resource might completely throw the balance of what they already have. Minerals and Vespane are good enough.

wrath9259 has 1,076 Posts

"You could no more evade my wrath then you could your own shadow" -Dark Templar
Signature by Mtank

pm.gif   

Old 10-13-2006

United States Bullet2head
The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

that, and unless thy raise the unit limit, the armies you would have would be soooo small because of the amount of workers you have.

Bullet2head has 12,009 Posts

Thanks Bliss for the sig!
Spoiler (highlight to reveal text)
Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 10-13-2006

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Tassadar

Off the top of my head, crops could be harvested and iron ore could be mined.

pm.gif   

Old 10-13-2006

United States Admiral Mengsk
 Admiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to lead

No. Just no.

pm.gif   

Old 10-13-2006

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened

No. Not possible in any way. If this happened, it would suck so much ass that it would be unbelievable.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kassad  

Old 10-13-2006

Canada InRage
Thrashing
 InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!

If there is a new resource it should be some kind of asteroid metal that is super rare and has immense strength. It would only be necessary for 3rd level upgrades, certain unit upgrades and units like Battlecruisers, Carrier, Arbiters, Science Vessels, Reavers, Guardians, Defilers, Devourers, and Maybe a bit for Valkyries and Scouts

InRage has 3,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer64
Caution the sarcasm served here is hot. In fact it is heated over geothermic vents, so if you burn yourself you'll probably die, but more importantly it's your own damn fault.
The one formerly known as Inrage

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to InRage  

Old 10-13-2006

United States .Jackal
Fuerza De Liberacion
 .Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all.Jackal is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wanderex View Post
If there is a new resource it should be some kind of asteroid metal that is super rare and has immense strength. It would only be necessary for 3rd level upgrades, certain unit upgrades and units like Battlecruisers, Carrier, Arbiters, Science Vessels, Reavers, Guardians, Defilers, Devourers, and Maybe a bit for Valkyries and Scouts
lol.

.Jackal has 3,315 Posts

Iíve always wanted
To eat glass with you again

pm.gif   

Old 10-14-2006

United States Undead-Fox
BF Member
 Undead-Fox is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuts View Post
Off the top of my head, crops could be harvested and iron ore could be mined.
...Crops...? .... Advanced space militia from the future! Drop down your Gauss Rifle and pick up your hoe and pitchfork, and FARM AWAY!!

And Iron? Once more... what good is that? ... Zerg, no need... all biological units...
Terran and Protoss use the ore and refine it to build their ships and buildings.

If you want to make a suggestion... lol... think FUTURISTICALLY. ^_^

pm.gif   

Old 10-14-2006

United States Proceri
Rabble Rabble Rabble!!
 Proceri is a splendid one to beholdProceri is a splendid one to beholdProceri is a splendid one to beholdProceri is a splendid one to beholdProceri is a splendid one to beholdProceri is a splendid one to behold

If there was another resource in Sc2 I would be PISSED.

I hate games that go overboard with resources. Thats what pisses me off about the AOE's and EE2. Although RON pulled it off quite well due to how it handles resources and how theres a unit combination for just about every resource.

This is something I strongly disagree with.

Proceri has 557 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 10-14-2006

Canada InRage
Thrashing
 InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!

On second thought, make it some crazy space cloud gas thing, that is alive and kills stuff, like that stuff in C&C except cooler.

InRage has 3,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer64
Caution the sarcasm served here is hot. In fact it is heated over geothermic vents, so if you burn yourself you'll probably die, but more importantly it's your own damn fault.
The one formerly known as Inrage

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to InRage  

Old 10-14-2006

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened

Don't even try to bring Tiberium into this. Tiberium is annoying as hell because the men don't follow a direct line and they walk through the shit and die. It bothers me.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kassad  
Closed Thread