Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 02-07-2009

United Kingdom Gorbet
Forum Elder
 Gorbet reigns supremeGorbet reigns supremeGorbet reigns supremeGorbet reigns supremeGorbet reigns supremeGorbet reigns supremeGorbet reigns supremeGorbet reigns supremeGorbet reigns supremeGorbet reigns supremeGorbet reigns supreme
Default Fire

There have been some bad bushfires around my state yesterday and today. It's a bit different this time because one of them was over the hill from my parents' place where I'm staying and another big one wiped out 90% of the town that I used to live in so quite a few people I know have lost their homes and possibly died.

I took some photos of the smoke, and here's a comparison of today compared to last night.

Any of you guys had a big emergency like this happen to you or someone you know?

Gorbet has 13,821 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Gorbet  

Old 02-07-2009

Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!
Default Re: Fire

Nothing like that, but last year there was a huge explosion in Toronto. I saw it happen from about 3 or 4 blocks away and thought we were getting nuked lmfao.

Ace has 14,405 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Ace  

Old 02-08-2009

Nepal viperjo
Lovable Local Blood God
 viperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

Thats intense man. California likes to go all immolation like that on the regular.

viperjo has 5,125 Posts

I've got ham but i'm not a hamster........................... Thanks to Greyscale for this sexy sig!

pm.gif   

Old 02-08-2009

United States Ass Kicker
Joshua Jew
 Ass Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperjo View Post
Thats intense man. California likes to go all immolation like that on the regular.
Indeed. Gorbet you're not in the shit until the sky is golden yellow and it's literally raining ash. For two days, schools and many businesses shut down. Everyone would walk outside wearing a sweatshirt to protect from the ash and a mask to not breathe it. Basically I got a preview of 2012.

Ass Kicker has 3,320 Posts

Welcome to hell newbs your souls are mine!!!!

pm.gif   

Old 02-08-2009

Australia Noise
Formerly Vangarde
 Noise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supreme

Yeah I saw the smoke and heard about lots of people dying but I didn't get directly affected. Very intense fires!

Noise has 1,051 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-08-2009

United States the.raven
BF Member
 the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Nothing like that, but last year there was a huge explosion in Toronto. I saw it happen from about 3 or 4 blocks away and thought we were getting nuked lmfao.
where? I'm in toronto.

the.raven has 1,016 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-08-2009

Chile Demon
Subhuman Spacewaster
 Demon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulz

Quote:
he means that gas leak that ended up nlowing ther whole gas tank

Demon has 2,386 Posts

NARGLES!!

Sanity is for the weak!

pm.gif   

Old 02-08-2009

Canada Ace
Music is my Catharsis
 Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Ace could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.raven View Post
where? I'm in toronto.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__1Ym_F94CE

it was around murray and wilson, i think. i swear to god, seeing that shit happen about 800m away is enough to make you rethink your life, i seriously thought we were under attack haha

it was in the middle of the night and i was with some friends

Ace has 14,405 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Ace  

Old 02-09-2009

Australia Agent-47.
Silent Assassin
 Agent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorbet View Post
There have been some bad bushfires around my state yesterday and today. It's a bit different this time because one of them was over the hill from my parents' place where I'm staying and another big one wiped out 90% of the town that I used to live in so quite a few people I know have lost their homes and possibly died.

I took some photos of the smoke, and here's a comparison of today compared to last night.

Any of you guys had a big emergency like this happen to you or someone you know?
you live in victoria?

Agent-47. has 997 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Kicker View Post
I'll accept this when they start printing on the back of Bibles "Warning: This book has been linked to the murder and torture of millions along with a general lack of tolerance for others."

pm.gif   

Old 02-10-2009

United States Bullet2head
The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

I'm calling BS Gorb, I see no Kangaroo's

Bullet2head has 12,009 Posts

Thanks Bliss for the sig!
Spoiler (highlight to reveal text)
Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 02-10-2009

United States n00bonicPlague
Master of All Things Noob
 n00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightened

Dude, I heard a few things on the news this morning. A bunch of people have died in this brushfire that's been sweeping the country. They're considering mandatory residential evacuation.

n00bonicPlague has 71 Posts

Macro and Micro are like Yin and Yang:
two opposing qualities that complement eachother --
maintaining dynamic equilibrium in a single movement.

pm.gif   

Old 02-10-2009

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.
 Meghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than you

They are saying now that over 200 people have died. But, a wee Koala bear was rescued. They named him Sam, I think.

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Meghan Send a message via MSN to Meghan  

Old 02-10-2009

Nepal viperjo
Lovable Local Blood God
 viperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

The land itself is turning against the Aussies. Y'all are a brave batch to say the least considering that everything down there can kill you if you even look at it wrong.

viperjo has 5,125 Posts

I've got ham but i'm not a hamster........................... Thanks to Greyscale for this sexy sig!

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

Australia Agent-47.
Silent Assassin
 Agent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperjo View Post
The land itself is turning against the Aussies. Y'all are a brave batch to say the least considering that everything down there can kill you if you even look at it wrong.
not to mention some people you look at wrong would shank you, but yeh, i think the whole evacuate or stay and defend is stupid, i mean, in california there was a fire that was way bigger than this and had 7000 or so homes destroyed and only 20 something deaths, now thats sayin something.

Agent-47. has 997 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Kicker View Post
I'll accept this when they start printing on the back of Bibles "Warning: This book has been linked to the murder and torture of millions along with a general lack of tolerance for others."

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Heard about the bushfires on news and from my uncle down in Melbourne. It's pretty bad down there due to the heatwaves; they've been having a drought for sometime now.

And the explosion in Toronto was maddening when I saw it on news. My jaws has dropped in amazement. It was a little scary I'll admit.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora