Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 03-05-2006

BlizzForums Zero
Templar of the SC Forums
 Zero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwns
Lightbulb StarCraft Concepts, Theories and Ideas

This thread is meant to host all ideas, theories and concepts for a future StarCraft sequel made up by the community. The thread itself is used to post ideas for new races, units, buildings, upgrades, abilities and things alike, but big well-defined theories/ideas should be still posted outside of it. No posting new threads for comments on two or three units.

Good ideas posted in this thread will get a link in the main post.

Note: Some of the ideas credited for Zero aren't his, but he's still given the credit since he put lots of effort into finding the concepts from the old BlizzForums' archives. If you see an idea that is yours but the credit is given to someone else, just PM Masterboo.
__________________________________________________ _______

Theories--------------------------------------
Stories / Fan-Fiction--------------------------------------
Races / Factions Concepts--------------------------------------
Gameplay Ideas--------------------------------------
Terran Concepts

Terran Infantry:Ground Vehicles:Ships/Air Vehicles:Buildings:Abilities:--------------------------------------
Protoss Concepts

Low-Psi Ground Warriors:High-Psi Ground Warriors:Robotic Ground Units:Ships/Robotic Air Units:Buildings: Abilities:--------------------------------------
Zerg Concepts

Ground Units:Flying Units:Infested Units:Buildings:__________________________________________________ ________

Last edited by Drake Clawfang; 07-02-2007 at 07:18 PM.
Zero has 8,376 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-27-2006

Zimbabwe Jackal
Banned
 Jackal is a jewel in the roughJackal is a jewel in the roughJackal is a jewel in the rough

Protoss Nervtius

Role:Robotic Medium Assualt Warrior/Combat Defense
Produced at:Robotics Facility
Requires: Robotics Support Bay
Production Hot Key:N
Build Time:60
Size:Small

Costs
Cost:15050
Supply:2

Vital Statistics

Hit points:80
Shields:20
Armor Class:Medium
Armor:1
Range:6
Sight:7
Cooldown:15

Upgrades

Defense Matrix[ABILITY]
Researched At:Robotics Support Bay
Research Cost:150100

Veloce Cannon[ABILITY]
Cost:200150

Weapons
Weapon System:Anti-Particle Cannon
Attack Type:Air/Ground
Damage Class:Explosive
Splash Damage:Yes
Basic Ground Attack:15
Basic Air Attack:15

History and Description of Nervtius
Due to the loss of resources and outdated technology, the Protoss decided to design new robotic warriors which would assualt quickly and effectively. These machines were designed to raid any small outpost that would pose a threat to the Protoss. Nervtius were manufactured with armor and technology that have been found along Aiur. Although the Nervtius prototypes were higly ineffective, the final product was indeed efficient and powerful. Nervtius are powered by the Psionic power of the Protoss. These warriors are quick, versatile yet have a very broad role in the midst of battle. The machines have an almost robotic insect like look to them, with more robust armor and a high-caliber weapon system. The machines use an Anti-Particle Cannon, much like the Dragoons but a Nervtius system has a much lower cool-down rate than the Dragoon which narrows the responsibility of the Nervtius.

Defense Matrix

In order to protect groups of attack units such as Dragoons and Zealots, the Protoss designed the Nervtius with a defense mechanism capable of spawning a psionic shield over friendly Protoss units. To acess the matrix, three Nevtius are required. After three Nervtious have synced with each other, they attach onto the ground and nearly burrow their feet into it. A circular matrix will span and last for up to 30 seconds, depending on the amount of energy in each unit. This requires the Nervtius to use up all of it's energy thus when in the Defensive Matrix form, the Nervtius' Plasma Shields are turned off. This has proved to be highly effective with Zealots.

Veloce Cannon

The Nervtius can also be upgraded to equip a Veloce Cannon. This not only increases the rate of fire, it also increases the range and attack of the Nervtius. Little is known about how the Veloce Cannon functions but with the Nervtius Veloce Cannon upgrade, it becomes an essential for any Protoss attack force.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Jackal  

Old 06-27-2006

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

UED Heavy Gunship

Role: Heavy Support Gunship
Produced at: Starport
Requires: Armory, Science Facility w/ Physics lab
Build Time: 90
Size: Large

Cost: 250 minerals, 250 gas
Supply: 4

Upgrades:
Fusion Reactor: Speed is increased by 10%

Special Abilities: Can attack two separate targets at once, due to twin Gattling Cannons. This divides the Gunship's firepower, but this can allow a small number of the ships to handle many foes at once.

Stats:
Hit Points: 300
Shields: none
Armor: 3
Ground and Air Weapon: Gattling Cannon x2: each Cannon does 8 damage per shot
rate of fire: same as a unstimmed Marine
Air speed: Slow; about 25% faster then a Battle Cruiser

Notes: The Gunship is excellent for suppressing weak to moderate strength enemy ground and air units. Can provide great cover for attacks due to it's twin Gattling Cannons. The Gunship is weak against heavy armor however, so avoid confrontations involving heavy enemy units.

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 06-27-2006

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm
 Drake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to all

It's all gone...bummer. Okay, hold on. If anyone else remembers what I had for my race (I think I called them the Hwang Nigh, not sure), please tell me. I want to start over.

I had Retainers, Lords, Mystics, Iron Maidens, Blitzkriegs, Flarebolts, Aerial Fuelers, Hilthars...okay, drawing a blank on units.

For buildings, I had the Matrix, Warp...something (Supply), ATA Research, STS Research, Mining (Vespene), something to do with static electricity...then there was the Bio-Tech Lab (Academy)...

Damn, I'm drawing a blank. Anyone remember who can help me rebuild the race? I don't wanna have to start over from the ground up (thank GOD I remember the back story, so I at least have SOMETHING), but if I have to, I will.

Drake Clawfang has 3,330 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-28-2006

BlizzForums Zero
Templar of the SC Forums
 Zero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwns

Actually, during the first downtime, I actually did recover all of the race lists/histories, as well as most of the units, buildings, and other ideas. Unfortunately, the files are on my college server account, and I won't be going to the college until possibly next week.

Zero has 8,376 Posts

"As a kid it was traumatic. It was one thing for your teacher to tell you that life was harsh for settlers headed West in the decades after the Louisiana Purchase. It was a lot more chilling to watch as your three children, "Boobs, Fart, and Winky" drowned in the Colorado river shortly before your wife died of diarrhea."
- Gamespy talking about the original Oregon Trail

pm.gif   

Old 06-28-2006

United States Fenix
Our Strength is Eternal
 Fenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatness

No rush! I think we can hang on for a week. We had hang on for nearly a fucking decade now, no rush!

Fenix has 1,122 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-28-2006

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm
 Drake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to all

*bows*

God bless you Zero! I bow to you! Thank the gods!

Yeah, a week is no biggie. Thank heaven it all lived somehow.

Drake Clawfang has 3,330 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-28-2006

Canada InRage
Thrashing
 InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!

I was starting up a new race before it went down again. Hopefully if it comes back I can finish it up.

InRage has 3,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer64
Caution the sarcasm served here is hot. In fact it is heated over geothermic vents, so if you burn yourself you'll probably die, but more importantly it's your own damn fault.
The one formerly known as Inrage

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to InRage  

Old 06-28-2006

Canada RODTHEGOD
Rise of the Black Leaf
 RODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too long

wait dont they usually empty all the drives when its summer vacation?
or is that just in highschool/regulerschool

woo hoo

yay my achine race might be ok

RODTHEGOD has 1,283 Posts

Its Only a matter of time

pm.gif   

Old 06-30-2006

Israel Xeo
The Shadow Poster!
 Xeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightened
Default guess what i saved

hey

look what i saved from old BF DB in the google cache it's such a luck to see my unit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by google cache
04-29-2006, 10:26 AM

Xel'Naga Temple
BlizzSCUMS Writer

Re: Starcraft 2 Concepts Thread Visit Xel'Naga Temple's Journal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi There Guys!!

Guess what i have 800 posts!
and i will give a new Set to celebrate the occasion!
Check this out:

Uraj Preator
Khalis Preator

"the uraj is laced with pure Templar energies while the Khalis is comprised of Dark Templar energies.."(Raszagal)

both of them when merged create the Energy Archon

for now i'll describe only the Uraj Preator:

type: high psi Unit
armor:2
Shield:200
HP:100
energy:200(+50 when upgraded)
attacksi balls (60)
other abilities:Merge:can merge with a khalis Preator to create Energy Archon.
Mind Crush:can make a unit self destruct or heavily damage a building (200)
cost:300 gas 250 mineral

Xeo has 2,219 Posts

I'm looking for staff members for StarCraft Universe, contact me if you're interested.
Remember Winace! -Click here!
Xeo - Meaning: Innovative ideas that have yet to be discovered; All knowing of what is yet to be discovered

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Xeo Send a message via MSN to Xeo  

Old 07-08-2006

Israel Empror_Michael
Shadow Archon
 Empror_Michael doesn't suck

En Taro Adun, my friends.

For those of you who do not know me, I am Empror_Michael, a devoted BlizzForums member since 2001.
I have almost solely based by BF carreer in the StarCraft 2 forum, and have contributed several new race ideas, including the Xeans, Xel'Naga\Hybrids, and Orasi.

I'm currently working on retrieving and re-posting my work.

Empror_Michael has 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me, on my original signature;
Violence is my middle name. W8! I have no middle name!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Rockwell;
Rockwell just laid the smackdown on those power generators, if ya smell what Rockwell is COOKIN'!
Long live Israeli death metal!:
Salem, Orphaned Land, Betzefer, Eternal Grey,
Winterhorde, Misanthropia, Melechesh(not really Israeli)

pm.gif   

Old 07-08-2006

United States Crystalv2
Avenger
 Crystalv2 has become enlightenedCrystalv2 has become enlightenedCrystalv2 has become enlightenedCrystalv2 has become enlightenedCrystalv2 has become enlightenedCrystalv2 has become enlightenedCrystalv2 has become enlightenedCrystalv2 has become enlightenedCrystalv2 has become enlightenedCrystalv2 has become enlightenedCrystalv2 has become enlightened

They should have more interactive environments in SC:II, and effects such as weather that could help or hinder certain unit types. There could also be different terrain the slows units down, like marshes, or some types that only certain unit types could cross.

Crystalv2 has 290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSoviet View Post
I`d rather change my name to Lulu and go around the corner giving special favors to people for money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSoviet View Post
Shall we all just accept that fact and pray for Arnold to have sex with us some day ?

pm.gif   

Old 07-12-2006

United States FalconDT
 FalconDT is an unknown quantity at this point

Protoss Cargo Hold

Role:Transport for up to 10 extra Scarabs, and up to 10 extra Receivers
Produced at:Robotics Facility
Requires: Robotics Support Bay and at least 25 Pylons
Production Hotkey: H
Build Time:60
Size:Large
Unit Type: Flying
Speed: Similar to a Protoss Shuttle.

Costs
Cost:300 Minerals and 100 Vespene
Supply:2

Vital Statistics

Hit points:150
Shields:50
Armor Class:Medium
Armor:1
Range:3
Sight:5
Cooldown:10

Upgrades

Increase Cargo Hold[Upgrade]
Research Cost:200 Minerals 100 Vespene
Effect:Allows storage of up to 20 Scarabs and 20 Interceptors

Increase Building Speed[Upgrade]
Cost:400 Minerals 200 Vespene
Effect:Builds Scarabs and Interceptors twice as fast as a Carrier or Reaver.

Weapons
Weapon System:Photon Turret
Attack Type:Air/Ground
Splash Damage:No
Basic Ground Attack:5
Basic Air Attack:5

Note:*Weapons to allow some defense while distributing cargo, can attack while moving. Although, you must enable the gun on each one, to do so, it requires one more Supply. Enabling it is accessed on the controls of each one.
*Transfer of cargo is done by first building in the Protoss Cargo Hold, then by going up to another unit, say for example a Reaver, pressing Transfer (Hotkey T), and then clicking on the unit to give it the Scarabs or Interceptors.
* Price of building Scarabs and Interceptors is the same as in the Reaver or Carrier itself.

Last edited by FalconDT; 07-12-2006 at 02:57 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 07-13-2006

Israel Empror_Michael
Shadow Archon
 Empror_Michael doesn't suck

some new race ideas of mine

Please post comments and feedback.

Empror_Michael has 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me, on my original signature;
Violence is my middle name. W8! I have no middle name!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Rockwell;
Rockwell just laid the smackdown on those power generators, if ya smell what Rockwell is COOKIN'!
Long live Israeli death metal!:
Salem, Orphaned Land, Betzefer, Eternal Grey,
Winterhorde, Misanthropia, Melechesh(not really Israeli)

pm.gif   

Old 07-15-2006

Romania andrewbwm
Dark Templar Amphitrion
 andrewbwm is an unknown quantity at this point

Protoss Grand Archon

Role: Assault Unit with limited abilities
Produced by: N/A
Requires: a Dark Templar and a High Templar
Production Hot Key: G
Build Time: 70
Size: Large

Costs
Cost: None
Supply: 4

Vital Statistics

Base Ground Attack: 25s
Base Air Attack: 25s
Hit points: 5
Shields: 400
Base Armour: 1
Range: 2
Sight: 9
Cooldown: 20

Upgrades

Ground Weapons - Each Upgrade adds +3 to Ground attack for a total of +9 with all three upgrades.
Ground Armor - Each Upgrade adds +1 to Ground Armor for a total of +3 with all three upgrades.
Plasma Shields - Each Upgrade adds +1 to Shields for a total of +3 with all three upgrades.
Xel’Naga Ancient Rune - +50 Energy Capacity
Special Abilities

Psionic Charged Blast: 150

The Grand Archon fires a powerful concentrated psionic blast that does 200 base splash damage.

Psionic Empowerment: 200

The Grand Archon focuses his energies so that the unit around him (Range 50) regenerate their shields and energy twice as fast, last 60 seconds or until interrupted and the Grand Archon is immobilized while using the ability.

History

After the Dark Templar and High Templar have put their long standing differences away they discovered that they could create a new type of templar by merging one Dark Templar and one High Templar. The power of these Grand Archons is truly impressive and it seems that not only do these psionic entities have the most powerful psionic signature in the whole galaxy but are also closely related to the pure energies that the Xel’Naga wielded. And after some Grand Archons helped the Protoss templar decode some Xel’Naga writings it is now clear that these entities are the climax of purity of form, and this apparently curious merger was both prophesized and engineered by the Xel’Naga.

Tell me what you think about this idea. And yes the would look like your average Archon, with some Dark Archon like armour but detailed and grandious. Their Psionic energies create a Green Shield around them.

I am currently thinking about creating a Master Archon that is a hybrid between a Archon and a Dark Archon but it might be too far off and too powerful but I’m still calculating the possibilities.

Last edited by andrewbwm; 07-17-2006 at 03:57 PM.
andrewbwm has 21 Posts

pm.gif