Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

View Poll Results: Vote for the Grossest/Nastiest/Sickest Zerg Unit Of All?
SC1 Defiler 13 22.81%
SC1 Lurker 1 1.75%
SC1 Broodling 1 1.75%
SC1 Infested Terran 10 17.54%
SC1 Queen 5 8.77%
SC2 Queen (any form) 4 7.02%
SC2 Infestor 13 22.81%
SC2 Corruptor 2 3.51%
SC2 Nydus Worm 6 10.53%
SC2 Roach 2 3.51%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2008

United States Rashmillion
BF Member
 Rashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightened
Default Which Is The Grossest/Nastiest/Sickest Zerg Unit Of All?

And I mean that in a good way mind you, since nobody doesn't like the Zerg. Their nastiness is what makes them effective, nightmares running across the battlefield.

As for my vote, SC1 Defiler, hands down. To me they also look like the most "insect-like." Just builiding one of these things gives me the creeps, the moving tail, the antenna, the weak grunting sound that it makes, the way it slithers across the ground to throwdown its plague. Compared to the ferocious and terrifying rAwR of the Ultralisk, the Defiler's grunt is more of a defiant, filthy weak rawr.

Defilers truly deserve the name Defiler. They are just....uggggggghhhhhhh. Compared to them, I say Zerglings look like cute little doggies.

pm.gif   

Old 05-20-2008

Macedonia SlickR
BF Member
 SlickR is a god among mere mortalsSlickR is a god among mere mortalsSlickR is a god among mere mortalsSlickR is a god among mere mortalsSlickR is a god among mere mortalsSlickR is a god among mere mortalsSlickR is a god among mere mortalsSlickR is a god among mere mortalsSlickR is a god among mere mortalsSlickR is a god among mere mortalsSlickR is a god among mere mortals

cockroach

SlickR has 1,059 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-20-2008

United States Tremble
BF Member
 Tremble is unstoppable!Tremble is unstoppable!Tremble is unstoppable!Tremble is unstoppable!Tremble is unstoppable!Tremble is unstoppable!Tremble is unstoppable!Tremble is unstoppable!Tremble is unstoppable!Tremble is unstoppable!Tremble is unstoppable!

I take it you are only referring to superficial attributes (i.e. looks), and not nastiness in terms of their abilities. In that case, it has to be the queen. I have never seen such an ugly slut before.

pm.gif   

Old 05-20-2008

United States Crazy_Jonny
I'm Game...
 Crazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to all

I'd say its a toss up between the SC2 Queen, and SC1 lurker. The queen and lurker are both intimidating early game units. Honestly, I'm all for the newer zerg units. Although theyre far from incomplete, but they show great promise. I mean, we have flying squids, unbeatable roaches, massive ultralisks, its all creepy, nasty, and awesome!

Crazy_Jonny has 632 Posts

StarCraft II Trilogy = 1 game + 2 expansions, not so hard right?

pm.gif   

Old 05-20-2008

United States GordonFreeman
Messiah
 GordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to all

I guess infested terran. They're supposed to be all mutated and disgusting. I don't think the other zerg units are supposed to be gross. More scary looking.

GordonFreeman has 701 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to GordonFreeman  

Old 05-21-2008

United States ManjiSanji
BF Member
 ManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortals

I'm going to say the Corrupter. Damned creepy looking thing.
The fact that it fires Zerg...seeds...or something...at ships until giant tentacles take over and consume the vessel is equally creepy.

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2008

Poland spychi
Twilight Spychi
 spychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too much

The corrupter, it really freaks me out

spychi has 3,254 Posts

Hidden Content:

The true epicness of StarCraft, StarCraft 2 and Mass Effect.
Interstella 5555
The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2008

Ukraine Istvan
BF Member
 Istvan has a spectacular aura aboutIstvan has a spectacular aura about

The queen. It makes me arachnphobic, has really disgusting abilities, and for me, looks the most insect-like. It just looks what it is: a really big, bad insectoid, that will kill you.

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2008

United States Fenix
Our Strength is Eternal
 Fenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatnessFenix has ascended to greatness

Infested Terran no questions asked!

Fenix has 1,122 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2008

Sweden Krishna
you may call me sire
 Krishna has a brilliant futureKrishna has a brilliant futureKrishna has a brilliant futureKrishna has a brilliant futureKrishna has a brilliant futureKrishna has a brilliant futureKrishna has a brilliant futureKrishna has a brilliant futureKrishna has a brilliant futureKrishna has a brilliant futureKrishna has a brilliant future

the old queen. while the defiler is a good example to, the defiler to me feels like a unit that could actually think, wich makes it less gross. while the queen is more of a unit that acts on instinct. not to mention the way it flies. i mean, it just hoovers up there.

Krishna has 1,418 Posts

Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none.

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2008

United States Bullet2head
The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Infested Terran. If I saw that shit running towards me, fuck you're duty to your country, I'm out of there.

Bullet2head has 12,009 Posts

Thanks Bliss for the sig!
Spoiler (highlight to reveal text)
Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2008

Canada Dark Boy
Complete Craze
 Dark Boy has farty pantsDark Boy has farty pantsDark Boy has farty pantsDark Boy has farty pantsDark Boy has farty pantsDark Boy has farty pantsDark Boy has farty pantsDark Boy has farty pantsDark Boy has farty pantsDark Boy has farty pantsDark Boy has farty pants

What's this?! The great Bullet2head is surrendering?!? It must be the end of the world!

I'd probably say the Infested Terran too, even though nothing really scared me when playing, it's portrait was pretty...well, weird and somewhat creepy.

Dark Boy has 579 Posts

If you found this, PM me and i'll give you a Rep+

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2008

United States Butlerion101
BF Member
 Butlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too longButlerion101 has been here far, far too long

I'm going with the Difiler for more or less what the OP was stating. And although Krishna believes it is less freaky because of the intelligence factor; well for me that makes it more scary. Where as instinct is more like a programmed set of responses for a given organism. Intelligence is something to truly fear; and the abilities of the Difiler are quite gross, it eats its own kind to make itself stronger, it can corrode away the toughest armors and units and of course the noise it makes...

I'd say the queen is a very close second

Butlerion101 has 323 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2008

United States Bullet2head
The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDarkness View Post
What's this?! The great Bullet2head is surrendering?!? It must be the end of the world!

I'd probably say the Infested Terran too, even though nothing really scared me when playing, it's portrait was pretty...well, weird and somewhat creepy.
"But tell me friend, what is better? Is it better to die now and go to hell, or to live another day so you may kill again?"

Bullet2head has 12,009 Posts

Thanks Bliss for the sig!
Spoiler (highlight to reveal text)
Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2008

United States H[end]rix
Burntout
 H[end]rix has ascended to greatnessH[end]rix has ascended to greatnessH[end]rix has ascended to greatnessH[end]rix has ascended to greatnessH[end]rix has ascended to greatnessH[end]rix has ascended to greatnessH[end]rix has ascended to greatnessH[end]rix has ascended to greatnessH[end]rix has ascended to greatnessH[end]rix has ascended to greatnessH[end]rix has ascended to greatness

The SC1 Defiler takes the cake... The name alone says it all.

Defile:
1 - To make foul, dirty, or unclean; pollute; taint; debase.
2 - To violate the chastity of.
3 - To make impure for ceremonial use; desecrate.
4 - To sully, as a person's reputation.

And if that wasnt terrible enough...
Quote:
Defilers are the perfect example of the fanatic and sadistic nature of the Zerg. Like the Larvae, the Defiler carries within it the genetic code of every other Zerg breed, but it does not produce them. To the contrary, the Defiler uses these genetic matrices to produce cancer-like toxins which have dramatic and deadly effects. The Defiler prefers to avoid direct combat, relishing instead in the use of its unique bio-chemical abilities.
Thats right. Cancer. And nothing is grosser, nastier, or sicker than cancer... And that is a fact.

H[end]rix has 2,608 Posts

Annihilation has no terrors for me, because I have already tried it before I was born --a hundred million years --and I have suffered more in an hour, in this life, than I remember to have suffered in the whole hundred million years put together. There was a peace, a serenity, an absence of all sense of responsibility, an absence of worry, an absence of care, grief, perplexity; and the presence of a deep content and unbroken satisfaction.

pm.gif