Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

View Poll Results: Why doesn't Blizzard develop SC2?
Blizzard is developing SC2, end of story 9 36.00%
SC2 would screw WC3 1 4.00%
Other project is more profitable than SC2(WoW)??? 3 12.00%
Inability to do SC2 on par with/surpass SC 9 36.00%
SC fan can wait, War/Diablo/WoW fan cannot 2 8.00%
Technology problem (like War3 before) 0 0%
Other reason (please specify) 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2006

United States wrath9259
What's Burning?
 wrath9259 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why SC2 isn't here

Yeah, SC2 would bring Blizzard millions. I mean, SC has a star on the walk of game! It has to have a sequal sometime!

wrath9259 has 1,076 Posts

"You could no more evade my wrath then you could your own shadow" -Dark Templar
Signature by Mtank

pm.gif   

Old 10-18-2006

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened

Disagree with what Bullet?

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kassad  

Old 10-18-2006

United States Admiral Mengsk
 Admiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to lead

Well if Blizzard had any brains they would make SC into an mmorpg or they could make the first truly impressive mmoRTS. I hate to say it but SC is probably SCREWED!

pm.gif   

Old 10-18-2006

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Mengsk View Post
Well if Blizzard had any brains they would make SC into an mmorpg or they could make the first truly impressive mmoRTS. I hate to say it but SC is probably SCREWED!
No. That would take away much of the fanbase who only want an RTS Starcraft. Starcraft is not screwed. Please don't act like Blizzard has sworn allegiance to Satan and promised never to make it.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

Old 10-18-2006

BlizzForums Zero
Templar of the SC Forums
 Zero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet2head
I still think that's not true, but no proof no argument.
You don't think Kassad was right in that SC2 would break any records that WC3 currently has? I think we may need to remove your self-proclaimed title of "Most rabid Starcraft fan".

Zero has 8,376 Posts

"As a kid it was traumatic. It was one thing for your teacher to tell you that life was harsh for settlers headed West in the decades after the Louisiana Purchase. It was a lot more chilling to watch as your three children, "Boobs, Fart, and Winky" drowned in the Colorado river shortly before your wife died of diarrhea."
- Gamespy talking about the original Oregon Trail

pm.gif   

Old 10-18-2006

United States Bullet2head
The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
You don't think Kassad was right in that SC2 would break any records that WC3 currently has? I think we may need to remove your self-proclaimed title of "Most rabid Starcraft fan".
No, I was agreeing with the WoW fact. I have to say, the fact that WoW has a continuing money income makes it so even if Starcraft was bought by everyone on the planet, it would still lose in a matter of time.

Hey, don't touch my title, cuz it's true, and I could find a few people who can vouch.

Wait, Zero, what would you say about that? Is it true or not?

Bullet2head has 12,009 Posts

Thanks Bliss for the sig!
Spoiler (highlight to reveal text)
Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 10-18-2006

United States Kassad
Serenity Now

In game sales? Without a doubt, Starcraft would rip World of Warcraft apart. But when it comes to money, World of Warcraft would easily prevail. Only because Blizzard has promised an expansion every 12 months, plus monthly payments. It's a very unfair comparison.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

Old 10-18-2006

The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassad View Post
In game sales? Without a doubt, Starcraft would rip World of Warcraft apart. But when it comes to money, World of Warcraft would easily prevail. Only because Blizzard has promised an expansion every 12 months, plus monthly payments. It's a very unfair comparison.
That's what I agreed to. I dunno where Zero heard me say I thought WC3 is making more money or whatever he said...

Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 10-18-2006

United States Kassad
Serenity Now

Well you said you disagreed with something, so he assumed you were disagreeing with me.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

Old 10-19-2006

BlizzForums Zero
Templar of the SC Forums
 Zero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassad
Oh, no. You're misunderstanding me. I never denied this, nor would I ever in 100 years. Starcraft 2 will demolish any record that Warcraft 3 claimed and if Wow was not the way it was it would dominate that too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet2head
I still think that's not true, but no proof no argument.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassad
Disagree with what Bullet?

You can see where I could have been mistaken. Especially after the conflicts the two of you have had in the not-so-distant past. Sorry about that guys.

Zero has 8,376 Posts

"As a kid it was traumatic. It was one thing for your teacher to tell you that life was harsh for settlers headed West in the decades after the Louisiana Purchase. It was a lot more chilling to watch as your three children, "Boobs, Fart, and Winky" drowned in the Colorado river shortly before your wife died of diarrhea."
- Gamespy talking about the original Oregon Trail

pm.gif   

Old 10-19-2006

The Hammer of Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
You can see where I could have been mistaken. Especially after the conflicts the two of you have had in the not-so-distant past. Sorry about that guys.
It's ok Zero, we still love you.

Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 10-19-2006

Trinidad and Tobago TwoTimer
Life is GooD :)
 TwoTimer is obviously doing something rightTwoTimer is obviously doing something rightTwoTimer is obviously doing something rightTwoTimer is obviously doing something rightTwoTimer is obviously doing something rightTwoTimer is obviously doing something rightTwoTimer is obviously doing something rightTwoTimer is obviously doing something rightTwoTimer is obviously doing something rightTwoTimer is obviously doing something rightTwoTimer is obviously doing something right

both games are different animals, and not to be compared.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to TwoTimer  

Old 10-19-2006

The Hammer of Dawn

Well, in terms of money they can. Like cmparing soda sales to vaccume sales. May not be the same thing, but you compare them.

Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 10-19-2006

United States Kassad
Serenity Now

Money income is money income. Despite the fact that they bring in money in different ways, they can still be compared, as Bullet stated.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

Old 10-19-2006

Canada InRage
Thrashing
 InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!

The point I think we are trying to get at is that WoW makes money in a different way that other games do, and that the revenue created by WoW is greater than the revenue an RTS could make.

InRage has 3,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer64
Caution the sarcasm served here is hot. In fact it is heated over geothermic vents, so if you burn yourself you'll probably die, but more importantly it's your own damn fault.
The one formerly known as Inrage

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to InRage