Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Serious Discussion

Serious Discussion Intelligent Debate and Discussion of Important Life Topics.

Old 12-09-2008

New Zealand MattII
 MattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too long

I used to support the death penalty, but not any more, there's been just too many cases in this country of the police deliberately falsifying evidence.

pm.gif   

Old 12-09-2008

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ
 Golgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
In your opinion. Which, generally, has a validity slightly higher than Hitler's, but not by much.
Yeah, I'm one of those crazy people that subscribe to this idea that prior to your existence, you didn't exist.

Golgo 13 has 10,560 Posts

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight-of-hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin. But if you want to continue to be slaves of the bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the bankers continue to create money and control credit."

- Josiah Charles, President of the Bank of England & 2nd richest man in Great Britain (1880-1941)

pm.gif   

Old 12-09-2008

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ
 Golgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Why? This concept of death being better than life imprisonment puzzles me. Maybe one of you two fools can explain it.
I don't know about you, but for most people a freedomless existence where the only sex is homo and often rape, the food is bland crap, and the only thing you have to look forward to is the precious moments you get to spend outside an iron cage in a razor fence for a little while each day is not seen as worth living.

You can live a miserable existence like a caged animal with zero freedom and then die, or you can just skip the meaningless existence and cut to the chase.

Given those options, I'd take a page from Patrick Henry.

Give me liberty, or give me death.

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight-of-hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin. But if you want to continue to be slaves of the bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the bankers continue to create money and control credit."

- Josiah Charles, President of the Bank of England & 2nd richest man in Great Britain (1880-1941)

pm.gif   

Old 12-09-2008

Orkney Islands H0teLVi0LeT
Immune to Bans
 H0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too much

---

Last edited by H0teLVi0LeT; 12-26-2008 at 12:28 AM.
H0teLVi0LeT has 1,539 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 12-09-2008

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0teLVi0LeT View Post
I'd spend my entire life trying to break the fuck out.
I'd probably die trying, but you've got to realize that the chances of you getting out and staying out are in the fractions of a percentile. How often do people make a clean escape from modern-day maximum security prisons and disappear forever?

pm.gif   

Old 12-09-2008

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
Why? This concept of death being better than life imprisonment puzzles me. Maybe one of you two fools can explain it.
I would rather be dead than serve the rest of my life in prison, what about you Chaos?

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 12-10-2008

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris
 Chaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

Quote:
Yeah, I'm one of those crazy people that subscribe to this idea that prior to your existence, you didn't exist.
Feel free to start responding intelligently or you can always shut up, either way means the same to me.

Quote:
I don't know about you, but for most people a freedomless existence where the only sex is homo and often rape, the food is bland crap, and the only thing you have to look forward to is the precious moments you get to spend outside an iron cage in a razor fence for a little while each day is not seen as worth living.
What a bleak individual you are.

Quote:
You can live a miserable existence like a caged animal with zero freedom and then die, or you can just skip the meaningless existence and cut to the chase.
I prefer to be a little more, how to say, less emo about life.

Quote:
Given those options, I'd take a page from Patrick Henry.

Give me liberty, or give me death.
The use of that quote here insults the intelligence to a degree unmatched since, well, your last post.

Quote:
I'd probably die trying, but you've got to realize that the chances of you getting out and staying out are in the fractions of a percentile. How often do people make a clean escape from modern-day maximum security prisons and disappear forever?
We can only hope.

Quote:
I would rather be dead than serve the rest of my life in prison, what about you Chaos?
I would rather be alive, because I know I'd find some way to make my life worthwhile. I guess I just have more faith in myself than the two of you.

Chaos has 28,439 Posts

WELL THEY CALL ME MIKE D THE EVER LOVING MAN
IM LIKE SPOONIE GEE WELL IM THE METROPOLITICIAN
YOU SCREAM AND YOU HOLLER
BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA
BUT THE SWEAT IS GETTIN WET AROUND THE RING AROUND YOUR COLLAR

pm.gif   

Old 12-10-2008

United States Luther Stark
a.w.o.l
 Luther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of win

The death penalty is intolerable. It fails to acknowldege the value of life and therefore is guilty of the same crime as those charged with it.

Last edited by Luther Stark; 12-10-2008 at 02:43 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 12-10-2008

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris
 Chaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

Quote:
It fails to acknowldege the value of life and therefore is guilty of the same crime as those charged with it.
I would say just the opposite. The death penalty derives from a high regard for the sanctity of life, through the prism of justice. It is not just for someone who murders heinously to continue living. It is a mockery of the sanctity of life to provide life to someone who has heinously taken it away from another.

Chaos has 28,439 Posts

WELL THEY CALL ME MIKE D THE EVER LOVING MAN
IM LIKE SPOONIE GEE WELL IM THE METROPOLITICIAN
YOU SCREAM AND YOU HOLLER
BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA
BUT THE SWEAT IS GETTIN WET AROUND THE RING AROUND YOUR COLLAR

pm.gif   

Old 12-10-2008

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
I would rather be alive, because I know I'd find some way to make my life worthwhile. I guess I just have more faith in myself than the two of you.
Oh didn't they tell you? Most people in God eventually do find God!

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 12-10-2008

United States Adovid
 Adovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwns

On the one hand, I see that getting rid of a threat to society as something that should be done immediately. People who are a genuine threat to anyone around them at all times or in unpredictable ways despite sanity, should be put down immediately.

On the other hand I think that people who are convicted wrongly should not be put to death and should have all the chance to return to the free world should their crime be overturned. (no brainer)

So the way I see it, if it is shown that an individual is unpredictably or unprovoked violent with intent to kill or overly sadistic as to cause unnecessary pain worthy of death with no signs of mental illness. Evident by activities in an enclosed prison, such as prison murders/uprisings as made evident by records and stored evidence. Then they should have a write to life trial in which they have the right to defend their character as capable of existing in society and which is scrutinized by a court on the evidence of offenses that are brought to light by mounds of records recorded in a controlled environment such as a prison.

If they commit a series of crimes that can only be measured in the instance of itself. As crimes on the outside that cannot be monitored or recorded, then the death penalty should be less likely to be considered.

So basically prisoners should be executed after the nature of their character is brought to light by their actions which cannot be denied by the evidence of records over time. In a closely monitored environment.

The feelings of the families of the victims should not be considered over the welfare of the society they are part of. These dangerous individuals should not even be considered for institutionalization. Prisoners should after all be considered to be people who are either staying for a set period of time in which they will be released or in prison because they are waiting to find a way to prove their innocence. If the nature of the individual brings to light the hazard of even releasing them then they should be eliminated. They shouldn't be held so that they can act as a vessel for some sadistic empathy the family has, such things should be considered the infection of the source, the malicious desires are the memes passed from the criminal to the victims.

"Any clod can have the facts, but having opinions is an art."--
Charles McCabe

pm.gif   

Old 12-10-2008

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
What a bleak individual you are.

I prefer to be a little more, how to say, less emo about life.
Yeah, this isn't stupid, teen angsty, dashboard-confessional-listening-to bullshit. We're talking about a lifetime of imprisonment here in the worst environment modern society has to offer.

Quote:
How do you make being a constant victim of something like this, a regular occurence in prison which guards turn a blind eye to, worthwhile?

You can become someone's bitch for protection, but then you'll be taking it in the mouth instead, which is probably a better option. At least until they sell you off for a pack of cigarettes.

I suppose practicing anal stretching techniques would be a way to cope with your new existence, but a life where you have no basic human rights and are raped and bartered by gangs of thugs with the only way to break out of the vicious cycle being to ultimately become one of them and perpetuate the endless nightmare is not worth having.

I'd rather die with some dignity than reduce myself to being someone elses piece of meat for the rest of my days. There's a point in every person's life that they can be reduced to where they can honestly say it makes no sense to continue on. That right there is my limit. I value myself too much as a human being to live like that.

Last edited by Golgo 13; 12-10-2008 at 09:32 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 12-10-2008

Immune to Bans
 H0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too much

---

Last edited by H0teLVi0LeT; 12-26-2008 at 12:41 AM.

pm.gif   

Old 12-10-2008

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ

So you would be content living in a North Korean gulag mining coal and being starved and tortured for the rest of your years until they either execute you or your body gets used to the point where it can't give any more and you wither up and die a slow painful death?

Yeah, I'd take rather die trying to escape to mines or the electric fence or take a pill than live like that.

Last edited by Golgo 13; 12-10-2008 at 10:29 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 12-10-2008

Immune to Bans

---

Last edited by H0teLVi0LeT; 12-26-2008 at 12:43 AM.

pm.gif