Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 07-23-2008

United States Rashmillion
BF Member
 Rashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightened
Default StarEdit Graphical Glitch - Caught On Print Screen

Made a back-up copy of Phantasy Star Online UMS and opened it in regular old STAREDIT. 651 "wrongly placed" units are deleted, no news there.

But there are some places on the map where it starts glitching up graphically. Like if you move your mouse terrain hexagon placement thing, it creates "grids" of them.

I just thought it was something weird and interesting.

Most of the time from my experience graphical glitches are things that are temporary and hard to capture, so its hard to prove it to people, you can only describe it. In this case, I can show it to demonstrate that I'm not lying...not that anyone was accusing me of it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SEditGlitch.JPG (227.4 KB, 31 views)

pm.gif   

Old 07-23-2008

United States Gradius
For Vengenace
 Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

StarEdit can't process null terrain. There is a certain tile however that will show up correctly in StarEdit.

I'm moving this to StarCraft Maps & Customs, the people there will be able to better help you.

Gradius has 5,020 Posts

Best StarCraft II Poster 2008 | Best Moderator 2008
Best StarCraft II Poster 2007 Runner Up | Most-Liked StarCraft II Poster 2007

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Gradius Send a message via MSN to Gradius  

Old 07-24-2008

BlizzForums spinesheath
Trigger Mathemagician
 spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!

Well, there is nothing to help him with, Gradius You already said is: Staredit has trouble with null terrain. Basically it doesn't draw those tiles and thus whatever you draw over them - like the isom brush diamond - will stay there.

spinesheath has 1,456 Posts

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to spinesheath  

Old 07-24-2008

United States Gradius
For Vengenace
 Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

But I remember that there was a certain null tile in the tileset index that showed up correctly. The first one maybe?

Gradius has 5,020 Posts

Best StarCraft II Poster 2008 | Best Moderator 2008
Best StarCraft II Poster 2007 Runner Up | Most-Liked StarCraft II Poster 2007

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Gradius Send a message via MSN to Gradius  

Old 07-25-2008

Canada !!SaLtMaN!!
Trigger Fingers
 !!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light

Or perhaps the nullness of space would show up correctly...

!!SaLtMaN!! has 23 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to !!SaLtMaN!! Send a message via MSN to !!SaLtMaN!!  

Old 08-06-2008

United Kingdom ozental
BF Member
 ozental is a model citizenozental is a model citizenozental is a model citizenozental is a model citizenozental is a model citizenozental is a model citizen

Aye, I think it's just 'one of those things'.

StarCraft II Map Creator's Community - for all things related to map building in StarCraft 2.

pm.gif