Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 07-22-2006

Greece funkybomber
funkybomber
 funkybomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A Starcraft Odyssey

This is the title of a series of campaigns I have created. They are for the veterans of Starcraft and Brood War.
You can download them from rapidshare with the link below. I hope you enjoy them!

A Starcraft Odyssey (Original Edition)

edit: Link fixed!

Last edited by funkybomber; 11-05-2006 at 11:23 AM.

pm.gif   

Old 07-22-2006

United States Death
The Grim Spectre of Death
 Death was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to lead

Wow a lot of people are making Campaigns now...
well do you mind explaining what your Campaign is about?

Death has 1,575 Posts

"Over all people have I surrendered thee the power, only not over this one which has received freedom from Death through the Law"
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

-Death

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Death  

Old 07-22-2006

Greece funkybomber
funkybomber

Sure, no problem. It's a series of campaigns I've been creating for some years now.
Here's a quote from the text I've included with the campaigns. I think it describes very well what are these campaigns about:

"The story picks up after the events on "Omega". That could mean some months after, or even a couple of years after (there is no strict time-frame). The only thing sure, is that most of the characters from Brood War are still alive and well, ready for the new circle of carnage!"

Difficulty: Difficult - Extreme

For more info, just download and read (and play)!

Last edited by funkybomber; 07-22-2006 at 10:30 AM.

pm.gif   

Old 07-22-2006

United States Death
 Death was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to lead

Well I havn't beatin the entire Campaign but from what some of the missions i've played the Campaign is pretty good but they're some bugs, which almost every map encounters sooner or later.
Like on the instilation map Raynor's speech went my really fast while Zeratul's speech went by extreamly slow. The story so far was original at most. Though the Heroes color was same as their normal counter parts. On Starcraft's Campaign the Heroes color is suppose to be unique so tell the differance between the hero and a normal unit, this isn't a bug but it would be nice to see a hero looking differant.

The difficulty was okay, most of the enemies just had a lot of buildings and other stuff. Though despite some of these minor bugs i'm enjoying the Campaign, good job.

Death has 1,575 Posts

"Over all people have I surrendered thee the power, only not over this one which has received freedom from Death through the Law"
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

-Death

Old 07-22-2006

Greece funkybomber
funkybomber

Thanks for the feedback!

I tried my best for it to be bug free, but I'm also one man... I did all the checks myself. So It's only natural that there may be some things I didn't even notice.

If you encounter a bug that really destroys the game, please let me know. I want to fix whatever I can! Anyway, you'd better download the new sound-bug-free version of my campaigns! (Link on the original post) I also fixed the length in the mission briefings in the installation level. Thanks for mentioning it!

PS: That sound-bug was so severe that even crashed the game in a certain level!

Last edited by funkybomber; 07-22-2006 at 03:41 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 07-22-2006

Canada !!SaLtMaN!!
Trigger Fingers
 !!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light

Some sounds become corrupt yes, which sucks.
Anyways, an idea for having the hero be a different colour is making a player rescuable and starting off the campaign with the unit next to one of yours. An easy way of having different coloured units - funtimes.

!!SaLtMaN!! has 23 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to !!SaLtMaN!! Send a message via MSN to !!SaLtMaN!!  

Old 07-22-2006

Greece funkybomber
funkybomber

I'm going on a weekly vacation (or maybe more) tomorrow, so I won't be able to see the replies on this topic. I'll check the replies (if any) when I return! Hopefully there won't be many problems with the campaigns!

pm.gif   

Old 07-29-2006

BlizzForums spinesheath
Trigger Mathemagician
 spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!

One tip: Test play your maps. There was at least one map you definately never played after finishing it: The last "terran" mission (before the "outro") - SC gives an error once you try to play it because of too many whatsoevers.

Also, you should try to raise the difficulty from the first to the last mission. The way it is, there are lots of easy missions and then there is that last "protoss" mission where you really have to rely on luck a little.
The "gather 50000/25000 ore/gas mission really is a pain in the ass. Can you imagine how long it takes to gather 25000 gas with 2 depleted geysirs and one with 7800 left? At least make it so that you win once you kill all enemys.

Oh and by the way: I finished nearly all missions I played so far via building 12-24 Battlecruisers. That's most effective in all those missions since the enemys mainly consist of spore and sunken colonies... Really, that's no fun.

And improve your mineral placement. The way it is, you can only gather with 5-8, the rest will try to harvest the ones that are blocked by those in the front and that way only hang around lazily. This takes the speed out of the game...

Damn, I forgot: Check your spelling. I just played the first "zerg" mission, and Duran said "Welcome celebrate"

Last edited by spinesheath; 07-29-2006 at 10:15 AM.
spinesheath has 1,456 Posts

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to spinesheath  

Old 07-29-2006

United States Death

Well like spinesheath pointed out. The celebrate is said a lot through out the entire Campaign i'm not sure if it's a spelling error or something.
Though you should test your Campaign a lot, before releasing it.

Death has 1,575 Posts

-Death

Old 07-29-2006

Hong Kong DoomGaze
Mr. Postman
 DoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud of

Gather 50000/25000 ore/gas? Ouch. And welcome celebrate? I think the Zerg are just wild party animals.

DoomGaze has 1,844 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to DoomGaze  

Old 07-30-2006

Greece funkybomber
funkybomber

I checked the last Terran level and I saw the problem. It's something that has to do with the protection... The unprotected map works fine. I found out that also the " The 'Forever' " Terran maps have the same problem. I'll see what I can do.

As for the mining level the general idea was that the player must destroy the enemies fast in order to have enough minerals left to gather. I didn't want it to end when the enemy is destroyed. Maybe I'll add another geyser somewhere...

For the difficulty thing: If you can build 12-24 battlecruisers you deserve to win the
game! If you find it too easy, try to win without battlecruisers or without airforce!!!
Really, I'm not going to adjust the difficulty.

"Welcome Celebrate" hmm... I don't think I did a spelling error there.
I didn't use the "welcome" to mean that the Celebrate has moved (like if he was a person). You should consider this welcome as a "psionic" greeting. I mean, Duran establishes psionic contact with the Celebrate (or vice versa) and Duran greets. I don't know what seems to be so wrong to you...

For the time being, I'll remove the link until I correct the problems. Take care!

edit: I checked the mining level and there are 4 geysers, all of which are full. If I remember correctly 2 of them have 9000 gas, one has 6000 and the last one has 16800 gas. If you found depleted geysers that means you weren't fast enough! I'm definitely NOT going to add another geyser.

Last edited by funkybomber; 07-30-2006 at 11:21 AM.

pm.gif   

Old 07-30-2006

Hong Kong DoomGaze
Mr. Postman
 DoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkybomber
"Welcome Celebrate" hmm... I don't think I did a spelling error there.
I didn't use the "welcome" to mean that the Celebrate has moved (like if he was a person). You should consider this welcome as a "psionic" greeting. I mean, Duran establishes psionic contact with the Celebrate (or vice versa) and Duran greets. I don't know what seems to be so wrong to you...
No, that's not the problem. It's spelled 'Cerebrate,' not celebrate. With an r, not an l.

DoomGaze has 1,844 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to DoomGaze  

Old 07-30-2006

BlizzForums spinesheath
Trigger Mathemagician
 spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!

would you be as kind as to play the mining level yourself? And DO play it till the VERY END. You'll see why I don't like it.

Old 07-31-2006

Greece funkybomber
funkybomber

@spinesheath: The level has no problems and I had (once again) fun beating it. I might be a masochist, I don't know... If it comforts you, I added more vespene to each geyser. But other than that, the level will remain the same. Love it or hate it <-- most probably the latter!

As for the "Welcome celebrate" spelling error, I triple checked that line both in the mission briefings editor AND in-game (on both the protected and unprotected version of my maps). I can't find that spelling error. I have no clue why it's spelled incorrectly in your copies... Creepy stuff!

It seems that the uberation has caused a lot of problems to my maps and LegacyWeapon seems to be quite a busy guy cause he doesn't check his forum very frequently to answer the questions. I gave it some serious thought and I decided to unprotect my maps and upload them once more. This is the easiest way to avoid these strange problems with maps not loading/sounds not playing. Few can protect their maps against OSMAP nowadays anyway (and I'm not among them). After all for obvious reasons no one would like to take credit for my campaigns besides me!

The link is in the first post!

pm.gif   

Old 07-31-2006

BlizzForums spinesheath
Trigger Mathemagician

It's cerebrate. CEREBRATE! CE-RE-BRA-TE!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

So, how long did it take? And did you collect the resouces before killing the enemys? I'd really like to have a rep of this...