Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

View Poll Results: Can Thor be transported?
Yes, by Dropship. 17 20.24%
Maybe, by some way we don't yet know about. 21 25.00%
No, too f*cking big! 46 54.76%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2007

United States bagzoo
xXa1.bagzoo
 bagzoo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is Thor transportable?

Maybe now all races have that 1 unit that takes hell to transport.
People say that the Collossus can't be transported via PP. Maybe its the same with the Thors?
Btw, can robotics facility units be 'warped' in? I dont remember reading anything about that. Maybe Collossi can just be warped in by PPs. ROFL that would be like, "OMGWTF?!?"

I just dont see how a dropship can carry a Thor because apparently dropships can only ferry 5 infantry units at a time now..

I still go with the liftoff theory.. haha..

bagzoo has 155 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-21-2007

United States Gradius
For Vengenace
 Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagzoo View Post
Btw, can robotics facility units be 'warped' in?
Nope. Im pretty sure you actually built them there.

Gradius has 5,020 Posts

Best StarCraft II Poster 2008 | Best Moderator 2008
Best StarCraft II Poster 2007 Runner Up | Most-Liked StarCraft II Poster 2007

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Gradius Send a message via MSN to Gradius  

Old 07-21-2007

United States SC2FanBoy
BF Member
 SC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortals

The Thor can't be transportable by a Dropship. I know in Starcraft that even if the units were bigger than the transport shit itself, it could still load them; for example, Dragoons boarding Shuttles.

But the Thor is bigger than a Barracks and it would just insult our intelligence if Blizzard made it possible to be transported by the Terran Dropship.

pm.gif   

Old 07-21-2007

United States Gradius
For Vengenace
 Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2FanBoy View Post
But the Thor is bigger than a Barracks and it would just insult our intelligence if Blizzard made it possible to be transported by the Terran Dropship.
Maybe our intelligence deserves to be insulted if we think the thor is bigger than a barracks. jk but i dont think it will fit in a dropship either. Which is why it needs its own engines.

Last edited by Gradius; 07-21-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Gradius has 5,020 Posts

Old 07-21-2007

Canada Psi Warp
Psionic Sequence Initiate
 Psi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of win

Or maybe... a Command Center can transport one Thor at a time.

Ignore me =p

-Psi

Psi Warp has 2,280 Posts

says: Lol I gotz Pwned By Zeratul X_x

pm.gif  Send a message via Yahoo to Psi Warp 

Old 07-21-2007

United States SC2FanBoy
BF Member
 SC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
Maybe our intelligence deserves to be insulted if we think the thor is bigger than a barracks. jk but i dont think it will fit in a dropship either. Which is why it needs its own engines.

Maybe it's the camera view but the Thor looks bigger than the Barracks to me. Either way, it's fucking close.

pm.gif   

Old 07-21-2007

United States Gradius
For Vengenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2FanBoy View Post

Maybe it's the camera view but the Thor looks bigger than the Barracks to me. Either way, it's fucking close.
Well...shit. =/ The thing is like a building by itself. They probably have a crew piloting it.

Gradius has 5,020 Posts

Old 07-21-2007

Mexico Gonzuki
BF Member
 Gonzuki is an unknown quantity at this point

Something tells me that he will trasnport lifting off like a buiilding, losing all offensive abilites while airbone and having extremely poor mobility, if they already built something that big dont you think they could have thought of its transport? heck if they can lift a factory into the air why not this monster?

pm.gif   

Old 07-21-2007

Canada Psi Warp
Psionic Sequence Initiate
 Psi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of win

"Godspeed, Thor"
"More like, Reaverspeed."

Lift off is a good idea, but imagine flying at the speed of a crawling Reaver lol.

-Psi

Psi Warp has 2,280 Posts

says: Lol I gotz Pwned By Zeratul X_x

pm.gif  Send a message via Yahoo to Psi Warp 

Old 07-21-2007

United States JollyRoger
Regular Pirate
 JollyRoger is a jewel in the roughJollyRoger is a jewel in the roughJollyRoger is a jewel in the rough

It's possible that they could do the lift off thing. It would make sence that the terran would do that and it seems the other races big units have some way to conquer cliffs. I would imagine that if there was a dropship transport it would be 1 per dropship.

JollyRoger has 208 Posts

Ya-Har Matey
Add this to your signature if you agree.

pm.gif   

Old 07-21-2007

United States 2_feathers
 2_feathers is a jewel in the rough2_feathers is a jewel in the rough2_feathers is a jewel in the rough2_feathers is a jewel in the rough

I think they will be able to fly like terran buildings, but they won't be able to attack when there flying.

2_feathers has 43 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-22-2007

United States JollyRoger
Regular Pirate
 JollyRoger is a jewel in the roughJollyRoger is a jewel in the roughJollyRoger is a jewel in the rough

2_feathers has the most probable answer assuming the thor can move over water and clifs at all.

JollyRoger has 208 Posts

Ya-Har Matey
Add this to your signature if you agree.

pm.gif   

Old 07-22-2007

Argentina Lord LoriK
Protoss Executor
 Lord LoriK is a jewel in the roughLord LoriK is a jewel in the roughLord LoriK is a jewel in the roughLord LoriK is a jewel in the rough

I think there's going to be a different way of transporting that thing. Too big for a dropship, IMO. Maybe you have to "pack" it to transport it and "unpack" it on destination? A bit like the trebuchet from Age of Empires 2.

Lord LoriK has 317 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-22-2007

Australia Operational
En Taro Adun
 Operational has a spectacular aura aboutOperational has a spectacular aura aboutOperational has a spectacular aura about

Lift off makes more sense for the Thor than a dropship but I doubt either will be implemented. You can build a Thor with an SCV, you want one on that island over there? Grab a dropship and go build one.

pm.gif   

Old 07-23-2007

United States engle115
BF Member
 engle115 has a spectacular aura aboutengle115 has a spectacular aura about

i have a feeling that thor, and the colossus won't be. They are just two damn big

engle115 has 85 Posts

pm.gif