Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 07-20-2007

Canada Mach_86
Protoss Commander
 Mach_86 has a reputation beyond reputeMach_86 has a reputation beyond reputeMach_86 has a reputation beyond reputeMach_86 has a reputation beyond reputeMach_86 has a reputation beyond reputeMach_86 has a reputation beyond reputeMach_86 has a reputation beyond reputeMach_86 has a reputation beyond reputeMach_86 has a reputation beyond reputeMach_86 has a reputation beyond reputeMach_86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused about twighlight archon animation?

The concept art is quite different from the actual unit. In the artwork, the Archon is much more slender, and no legs. The unit is far more bulkier and has legs. Perhaps if they increased his size, then slowing down his pace won't really slow his movement down, but it would make him much more intimidating as you see him walking up.

I can just imagine a few marines on post, spotting the Archon, and feeling the ground shake as the Archon takes each lumbering step towards them. Then they just look at each other with an "oh shit" look on their face. That would just be priceless.

Mach_86 has 65 Posts

En Taro Fenix!

pm.gif   

Old 07-20-2007

United States NickDaddyKing
The thinker
 NickDaddyKing doesn't suck

could someone clear up the attack to, i dont get it does it eletricute you while its walking?

NickDaddyKing has 281 Posts

Bring back the WWI protoss airforce!!!
all you have to do is change the blackhole mechanincs!

pm.gif   

Old 07-20-2007

United States Alexander
Pew Pew
 Alexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwns

The new archon is certainly different. I really hope they trash that walking. D:

Alexander has 1,497 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Alexander  

Old 07-20-2007

United States protoss wrath
Zerashk Gulida
 protoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatnessprotoss wrath has ascended to greatness

I don't get why the twilight archon is only attacking with one hand. what's the other hand doing? shoulden't the twilight archon use two hands when he attacks? and why is there no sound on the blizzard site for the twilight archon?

protoss wrath has 350 Posts

the dark templar are like the jedi of starcraft and zeratul is their leader!
STARCRAFT II IS COMING.....ARE YOU READY?
Robert clotworthy must voice jim raynor!

pm.gif   

Old 07-20-2007

United States milesj
www.sc2armory.com
 milesj has much to be proud ofmilesj has much to be proud ofmilesj has much to be proud ofmilesj has much to be proud ofmilesj has much to be proud ofmilesj has much to be proud ofmilesj has much to be proud ofmilesj has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoss wrath View Post
I don't get why the twilight archon is only attacking with one hand. what's the other hand doing? shoulden't the twilight archon use two hands when he attacks? and why is there no sound on the blizzard site for the twilight archon?
Cause they havent made it yet?

Full Zerg Unit and Building database
Gameplay Guide / Media / Voting

pm.gif   

Old 07-20-2007

United States SC2FanBoy
BF Member
 SC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortalsSC2FanBoy is a god among mere mortals

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraetorKoronis View Post
Okay.

Losing splash will change the game too much.

How the hell do you counter mutas without splash?

...It's called three Phoenix.

pm.gif   

Old 07-20-2007

United States 4pool
BF Member
 4pool is a god among mere mortals4pool is a god among mere mortals4pool is a god among mere mortals4pool is a god among mere mortals4pool is a god among mere mortals4pool is a god among mere mortals4pool is a god among mere mortals4pool is a god among mere mortals4pool is a god among mere mortals4pool is a god among mere mortals4pool is a god among mere mortals

Storyline-wise, I guess you could say the feet might have something to do with how DTs can be used to become Archons now. And they have feet! lol

pm.gif   

Old 07-20-2007

Mexico SpikeVorador
BF Member
 SpikeVorador is dominating!SpikeVorador is dominating!SpikeVorador is dominating!SpikeVorador is dominating!SpikeVorador is dominating!SpikeVorador is dominating!SpikeVorador is dominating!SpikeVorador is dominating!SpikeVorador is dominating!SpikeVorador is dominating!SpikeVorador is dominating!

a archon floating like in the artwork would be alot way cooler than a walking archon

pm.gif   

Old 07-21-2007

Canada CerebusMondago
Sweet, sweet betrayal...
 CerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sijura View Post
Also.. is it just me or does it look like the archon's lost his splash damage as well?
Im pretty sure they retain splash because in the animation on the official website of archons killing marines, the marines next to the ones attacked first die faster.

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb. Prepare yourself, Mortal, to serve my Master for eternity."
"You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I'll show you the justice of the grave, and the true meaning of fear."
"I will rule this sector or see it burned to ashes around me!"

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to CerebusMondago  

Old 07-21-2007

Singapore honsq90
BF Member
 honsq90 doesn't suck

Well, I don't really care how the Twilight Archon looks like. But I do hope that his Psi gives a nice blue glow to the surrounding area.

honsq90 has 41 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-21-2007

United States ggfobster
BF Member
 ggfobster is obviously doing something rightggfobster is obviously doing something rightggfobster is obviously doing something rightggfobster is obviously doing something rightggfobster is obviously doing something rightggfobster is obviously doing something rightggfobster is obviously doing something rightggfobster is obviously doing something rightggfobster is obviously doing something rightggfobster is obviously doing something rightggfobster is obviously doing something right

Quote:
Originally Posted by honsq90 View Post
Well, I don't really care how the Twilight Archon looks like. But I do hope that his Psi gives a nice blue glow to the surrounding area.
I don't. It would be just another glowing distraction. My biggest problem with WC3 is that I can hardly tell wtf is going on because of all the colors, etc.

ggfobster has 259 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-21-2007

Canada protoswarrior
Lord of Psionics
 protoswarrior is a name known to allprotoswarrior is a name known to allprotoswarrior is a name known to allprotoswarrior is a name known to allprotoswarrior is a name known to allprotoswarrior is a name known to allprotoswarrior is a name known to allprotoswarrior is a name known to allprotoswarrior is a name known to allprotoswarrior is a name known to allprotoswarrior is a name known to all

Amen to that - and THAT is one of the main concerns at Blizzard too, from what I understand. I like the attack animations as they are. However, those legs to GO! Archons are energy beings... legs aren't important when they can float. PLUS, Samwise would agree with me since his concept of an Archon in his art both of the Dark Archon and the Twilight Archon, is of a floating unit.

Besides, the Poll Thread also shows that the majority of SC players would rather have a floating Twilight Archon.

protoswarrior has 4,613 Posts

protoswarrior IS BACK!

Lord Kieron recedes to the realm of Faerun...

RC is my God

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to protoswarrior  

Old 07-21-2007

Canada Mach_86
Protoss Commander
 Mach_86 has a reputation beyond reputeMach_86 has a reputation beyond reputeMach_86 has a reputation beyond reputeMach_86 has a reputation beyond reputeMach_86 has a reputation beyond reputeMach_86 has a reputation beyond reputeMach_86 has a reputation beyond reputeMach_86 has a reputation beyond reputeMach_86 has a reputation beyond reputeMach_86 has a reputation beyond reputeMach_86 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure about the DA, but the regular Archon did actually have legs (just look at Lord Kieron's avatar), but he did float. The thing with the TA's walking is that it looks too much like an infernal from WC3 colored blue.

Mach_86 has 65 Posts

En Taro Fenix!

pm.gif   

Old 07-21-2007

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country flavormanIII
I come in all flavors
 flavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightened

I dunno. The Infernal in WC3 is running/bouncing. The Twilight Archon is more of intimidating march/brisk walk..

flavormanIII has 1,052 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-21-2007

Philippine Vox Opprimo
BF Member
 Vox Opprimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Now that I have thought about it, I would really love to see the TA float again. I Just watched his in-game animation and though what mach_86 said would be cool, I personally would like the TA to Feel like some sort of Demigod. An intense rippling of the air or something like that would foreshadow the coming of the Protoss Gestalt. Imagine this:
2 terran marines (sorry for for using the same situation) feeling the air or their surrounding ripple with the powerful psionic emanations of the TA then screaming into their communicators: " WE NEED BACK UP!!!", then the glowing form of the archon blasts them to kingdom come.
Well just my 2 cents.

Vox Opprimo has 46 Posts

Power Overwhelming!!!

pm.gif