Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 07-18-2006

Thailand EnlightenedWhiz
Real Old School
 EnlightenedWhiz was born to leadEnlightenedWhiz was born to leadEnlightenedWhiz was born to leadEnlightenedWhiz was born to leadEnlightenedWhiz was born to leadEnlightenedWhiz was born to leadEnlightenedWhiz was born to lead
Default Moving Interceptors

I saw this in a turret defense game before(not to mention it happening unintentionally in other ones), where they had just interceptors flying. I tried to do this, but I can't seem to get it working.

I created a Carrier with 1 in the hangar property at location 1
Then I used the move carrier to location 2.
Then move inteceptor to location 1.

I was hoping this would send the interceptor from location 1 to 2, but they seem to stay in the carrier. Any idea what's going wrong?

I thought perhaps I'd have to force the carrier to attack, but I was hoping there would be a way around it

Last edited by EnlightenedWhiz; 07-18-2006 at 10:22 AM.
EnlightenedWhiz has 3,393 Posts

Sx4R.E.P.S.00X

pm.gif   

Old 07-18-2006

BlizzForums spinesheath
Trigger Mathemagician
 spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!

saltman created a map that does it. I don't know if he would show it to you, but its in the BlizzSCUMS Signup thread

Download, open with TriggerViewer2 and find it out.

spinesheath has 1,456 Posts

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to spinesheath  

Old 07-18-2006

United States AFHOF
Permanent Failure
 AFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at life

Bolt Head also made an intereceptor map that exhibits some cool properties. If I can dig it up Ill post it.

pm.gif   

Old 07-18-2006

Canada !!SaLtMaN!!
Trigger Fingers
 !!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light

I copied Bolt's map out of curiosity on how to do it. I spent a while playing with the AI scripts and such. What you gotta do is get the interceptor out of the carrier, move it to the location, set generic command target at the location you moved it to, then another AI script: Make these units patrol to upper left corner of Anywhere. Voila.

!!SaLtMaN!! has 23 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to !!SaLtMaN!! Send a message via MSN to !!SaLtMaN!!  

Old 07-18-2006

Thailand EnlightenedWhiz
Real Old School
 EnlightenedWhiz was born to leadEnlightenedWhiz was born to leadEnlightenedWhiz was born to leadEnlightenedWhiz was born to leadEnlightenedWhiz was born to leadEnlightenedWhiz was born to leadEnlightenedWhiz was born to lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!SaLtMaN!!
I copied Bolt's map out of curiosity on how to do it. I spent a while playing with the AI scripts and such. What you gotta do is get the interceptor out of the carrier, move it to the location, set generic command target at the location you moved it to, then another AI script: Make these units patrol to upper left corner of Anywhere. Voila.
To get them out you mean put an enemy unit nearby right? I was hoping to get around that requirement...

Sx4R.E.P.S.00X

pm.gif   

Old 07-18-2006

Canada !!SaLtMaN!!
Trigger Fingers
 !!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe Starforge will bypass that requirement, but I don't think an interceptor may survive without a parent Carrier. Maybe if you remove the Carrier instead of kill if there's a difference. Doesn't require much space anyways to have an enemy unit somewhere, and a carrier attack for 500ms, move interceptor, remove unit, and make the Carrier stay there. Do what you please, SE has many possibilities.

!!SaLtMaN!! has 23 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to !!SaLtMaN!! Send a message via MSN to !!SaLtMaN!!  

Old 07-19-2006

Thailand EnlightenedWhiz
Real Old School

It's not the parent carrier that I don't want, its that I don't want to have to have the carrier attack something to get the interceptors out because then I need to use a wait trigger or itll move before it even comes out.

Sx4R.E.P.S.00X

pm.gif   

Old 07-19-2006

BlizzForums spinesheath
Trigger Mathemagician
 spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!

Well, the intercepor is not created unless the carrier attacks. At least that's what I'd expect and what my experience is. So you can't really move a unit that's not there...

spinesheath has 1,456 Posts

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to spinesheath  

Old 07-19-2006

Canada !!SaLtMaN!!
Trigger Fingers

is it at the beginning of the map? right when the briefing is over? if so then what does it matter if there's a small wait?
You could always let the unit die by the carrier and not have a wait at all.

!!SaLtMaN!! has 23 Posts