Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 05-25-2007

Israel Xeo
The Shadow Poster!
 Xeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightened
Default WinAce - Always remember, Never forget.

Hello everyone.

Before I copy Kaervek's first post of the thread "Goodbye to a true inspiration, and to a dear friend..." in the temp forum I just want to say these few words:

WinAce(Allan) was not my best friend, we talked a little bit from time to time but I never really knew him like kaervek did for example, you might be asking yourselves why am I creating this thread and not someone else who knew WinAce better, I'll tell you why - It's because I cared about him!, and when I finally started to know him better we got the announcement about his death, since than I always felt I missed a great friend...
GoodBye WinAce. we'll never forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaervek
I received this email today, and I'm too shaken up to say much, so I'll let the letter do the talking:

Quote:

It is with great sadness that I must report that Allan died in the hospital this morning, surrounded by the people who loved him most. An announcement from Jessica's mother can be found here:

http://www.save-allan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=149

My deepest condolences to Jessica, Allan's family and friends.

Tom (viscousmemories)
(Xeo:there was a picture here too but it was not available...)
Allan (WinAce) died from Cystic Fibrosis.

Words honestly can't convey the feelings that I'm having right now. Allan knew his time was coming, and that's something I hope that I never have to live with. He was honestly the strongest person I have ever known, and I can hope to only possess a fraction of his personality, his intelligence and his sheer bravery.

I'm sorry, but I don't have much to say at the moment. I just hope that whatever happens, he's found whatever answers and comfort that he had ever searched for.
And for the New comers who missed the chance to meet WinAce I want to say only this:
WinAce was always a happy guy, he never let he's illness let him down, he never let himself down until it took him down by force....he was a great guy, you could really learn from him a great deal of Endurance, Tolerance and happiness even if you are sick or having problems, I don't know if he used this "motto" but you can really describe him by that: "Everything is going to be all right".

I also found this on the internet: http://www.daylightatheism.org/2006/...lan-glenn.html I couldn't find the name of the author but I think it's someone inside BF because he talks about WinAce and not only Allan.

This is WinAce in my eyes.

~Xeo

Last edited by Xeo; 05-25-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Xeo has 2,219 Posts

I'm looking for staff members for StarCraft Universe, contact me if you're interested.
Remember Winace! -Click here!
Xeo - Meaning: Innovative ideas that have yet to be discovered; All knowing of what is yet to be discovered

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Xeo Send a message via MSN to Xeo  

Old 05-25-2007

United States Ass Kicker
Joshua Jew
 Ass Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too much
Default Re: WinAce - Always remember, Never forget.

I got to know WinAce about as much as Xeo. He was a very happy person and had a sense of humor despite what he was going through. In November it will be two years since his death. RIP WinAce.

Ass Kicker has 3,320 Posts

Welcome to hell newbs your souls are mine!!!!

pm.gif   

Old 05-25-2007

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country p3ngu!n
Forum Elder
 p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Rest in peace, Winace. We should have a small remembrance tag on the banner on his birthday every year.

p3ngu!n has 11,118 Posts

Most Sweetest Signature/Avatar Winner 2008

pm.gif   

Old 05-25-2007

United States Luther Stark
a.w.o.l
 Luther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of winLuther Stark is made of win

WinAce's post shortly before his death was one of those few events that probably in a small way changed my life forever.

I didn't know him very well but judging from his posts I would say WinAce believed strongly, perhaps more than anything, in these two principles: Wisdom and Kindness.

Carry those ideals in your mind and spirit, and you will carry WinAce along with them.

((Those who use to criticize WinAce in his life for things like the choice of his words and vocabulary, would be wise to look back on the... smallness of their insults))

Last edited by Luther Stark; 05-25-2007 at 03:24 AM.

pm.gif   

Old 05-25-2007

United States Rob
For Aiur!
 Rob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightened

I remember one of the first times I ventured out of the StarCraft Strategy forum I ended up reading the thread where WinAce revealed just how sick he was. I didn't know him at all, but from what I gathered from the forums that were up in an attempt to save his life, he was a wonderful person. It really is a shame that good people have to pass so early on in his life.

RIP

pm.gif   

Old 05-25-2007

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ
 Golgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too much

I spoke with Allan minutes before he went to the hospital for the last time.

Ironically enough, one of the last things he sent to me was a link to this article from The Onion right before septic shock from B. cepacia getting from his lungs into his bloodstream did him in.

What amazes me is how he managed to keep his sense of humor right up until the very end, even though he fell in love and knew Jessica and him were both soon to be robbed by his condition.

I had the unenviable task of passing on his eulogy after the event which he made for himself back in '04 (see attachment).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinAce

Obligatory SC reference--check.

Attached Files
File Type: htm Online Eulogy for WinAce (HTML-Formatted).htm (22.3 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by Golgo 13; 05-26-2007 at 12:57 AM.
Golgo 13 has 10,560 Posts

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight-of-hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin. But if you want to continue to be slaves of the bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the bankers continue to create money and control credit."

- Josiah Charles, President of the Bank of England & 2nd richest man in Great Britain (1880-1941)

pm.gif   

Old 05-25-2007

United States Bullet2head
The Hammer of Dawn
 Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!Bullet2head IS THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Came in a bit before he died, didn't know him to well, but he musta been an awsome dude.

Wish I coulda got to know him.

Bullet2head has 12,009 Posts

Thanks Bliss for the sig!
Spoiler (highlight to reveal text)
Haha you looked. Fag

pm.gif   

Old 05-25-2007

Israel Xeo
The Shadow Poster!
 Xeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightenedXeo has become enlightened

I miss him...I actually miss him and i never saw him in real life nor I was a "best friend" to him...but somehow i still miss him.....can you explain this?

Xeo has 2,219 Posts

I'm looking for staff members for StarCraft Universe, contact me if you're interested.
Remember Winace! -Click here!
Xeo - Meaning: Innovative ideas that have yet to be discovered; All knowing of what is yet to be discovered

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Xeo Send a message via MSN to Xeo  

Old 05-25-2007

United States Rob
For Aiur!
 Rob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightened

I'm sorry to say I can't explain that. I'm a psychology major, and I think I should be able to.

I think it's like how I miss my grandparents on my mother's side. Both had passed long before I was born, but I still miss them.

pm.gif   

Old 05-25-2007

United States Nibel in A#
‹bermensch is my Catharsi
 Nibel in A# has become enlightenedNibel in A# has become enlightenedNibel in A# has become enlightenedNibel in A# has become enlightenedNibel in A# has become enlightenedNibel in A# has become enlightenedNibel in A# has become enlightenedNibel in A# has become enlightenedNibel in A# has become enlightenedNibel in A# has become enlightenedNibel in A# has become enlightened

Never knew him personally, but I always knew about him. And when I heard he died, I almost cried, and I didn't even know him.

People like him that die that early make me question my religion.

Nibel in A# has 2,399 Posts

I have sex on beaches lolz google me.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Nibel in A#  

Old 05-25-2007

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris
 Chaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

WinAce was a bitter bitchy little man at times. Actually almost all the time. Fanatical obsession with religion. But then again, he had every right to be.

Last edited by Chaos; 05-25-2007 at 11:30 AM.
Chaos has 28,439 Posts

WELL THEY CALL ME MIKE D THE EVER LOVING MAN
IM LIKE SPOONIE GEE WELL IM THE METROPOLITICIAN
YOU SCREAM AND YOU HOLLER
BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA
BUT THE SWEAT IS GETTIN WET AROUND THE RING AROUND YOUR COLLAR

pm.gif   

Old 05-25-2007

United States JT
ur head asplodes
 JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...

WINACE FOREVER

Even though we disagreed on a lot (especially religion), he was one of the greatest people I've met on the internet. Or ever, actually.

JT has 18,012 Posts

Join Clan Blizzforums, the only BF Steam Group!

Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity. -Albert Einstein

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to JT Send a message via MSN to JT  

Old 05-25-2007

Netherlands Hunta
Radical
 Hunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than youHunta is clearly better than you

Yeah, life is a fragile thing. It's a shame we didn't tell him all this while he was still alive. I never really spoke to him, although I should have told him how much I actually liked his website and his style of debating...

Maybe we should tell each other more often how much we appreciate each other. If tomorrow never comes, have you told everybody you care about how much you really love them?

Hunta has 1,063 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-25-2007

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country p3ngu!n
Forum Elder
 p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Does anyone know who I have to contact to set up a mirror of my own of his site?

p3ngu!n has 11,118 Posts

Most Sweetest Signature/Avatar Winner 2008

pm.gif   

Old 05-25-2007

United States Ben
The Sartorialist
 Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...

I mostly argued with him about religion. He was mad at God. I saw that he had died when I decided randomly to go to his website one time during the crash. Terrible to see him gone, he will be missed.

Ben has 11,099 Posts

What's happening?
I keep my dreadlocks in a napkin ring
Rap and sing
Unlike the homogenous clones
I'm in to earth tones, birth stones, and erogenous zones
The more ticklish the more you have
Sitting on the curb of what used to be the burbs
And before that was Canarcie
I'm a disturbed and bitter herb
Like saltwater and parsley

Most Intelligent Debater 2008