Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2007

Italy 10thNazgul
BF Member
 10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen
Default Re: Any chance for the robot race?

I think too that in C&C3 (and in other RTS) could be some good things that could be added in SC2.

For the robot race I just posted in the concept thread some ideas for a robotic race

http://www.blizzforums.com/showpost....&postcount=287

pm.gif   

Old 05-18-2007

United States Kaiser
Ghost Reporting
 Kaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond repute

*shrug* I don't see how from a logical standpoint that a Robot race would fit into Starcraft. Supreme Commander sure but not Starcraft. I think it would kill the uniqueness of Starcraft and would show Blizzard to take an un creative way out. They have a good thing going with this Hybrid thing and I seriously am anticipating where they go with it.

Kaiser has 230 Posts

We Want Nova In Starcraft II

[ Starcraft 2 ]

pm.gif   

Old 05-18-2007

United States XBSHX
BF Member
 XBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
*shrug* I don't see how from a logical standpoint that a Robot race would fit into Starcraft. Supreme Commander sure but not Starcraft. I think it would kill the uniqueness of Starcraft and would show Blizzard to take an un creative way out. They have a good thing going with this Hybrid thing and I seriously am anticipating where they go with it.
yep I agree 100%

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Zergling seagull sound NEEDS to go.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to XBSHX  

Old 05-18-2007

Italy 10thNazgul
BF Member
 10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen

Quote:
Why can't fit? Both Terrans and Protoss have some robotic technology so why can't done the same others?
I don't like much the idea that robotic race is originated by a fusion of terran and protoss technology. Make more sense that Xel'Naga themselves have developed robotic technology because disappointed by their bio-tech experiments with protoss and zerg.

Indeed I think that there will be Z-P hybrids... they are so anticipated and they fit perfectly in the storyline that they there will be near 100%... but for the reason that they are already so anticipated they can't add much surprise. Personally I think they haven't the potential to become an entire new playable race (it risk to become a race of a sort of infested protoss... and however which veichles or battleships they will have? Zealotlisk? Mutascouts? Scourge carriers?). I think they fit more as enemies in the campaign, with Duran and its minions, and all have to struggle against them, for a reason or another...

pm.gif   

Old 05-18-2007

United States Huluwa
BF Member
 Huluwa is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thNazgul View Post
Why can't fit? Both Terrans and Protoss have some robotic technology so why can't done the same others?
I don't like much the idea that robotic race is originated by a fusion of terran and protoss technology. Make more sense that Xel'Naga themselves have developed robotic technology because disappointed by their bio-tech experiments with protoss and zerg.

Indeed I think that there will be Z-P hybrids... they are so anticipated and they fit perfectly in the storyline that they there will be near 100%... but for the reason that they are already so anticipated they can't add much surprise. Personally I think they haven't the potential to become an entire new playable race (it risk to become a race of a sort of infested protoss... and however which veichles or battleships they will have? Zealotlisk? Mutascouts? Scourge carriers?). I think they fit more as enemies in the campaign, with Duran and its minions, and all have to struggle against them, for a reason or another...
Good points, but I don't agree with Xel'Naga making robots. I like the idea of hybrids being similar to the creeps in WC3. They won't be a new race, just like creeps, there will be missions in SC2 in which you'll have to destroy them.

Huluwa has 157 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-18-2007

Belgium Faenaris
Terran Commissar
 Faenaris is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, a hybrid race between Zerg and Protoss would be interesting. The Zerg are like a bee-hive, while the Protoss are a stable oligarchy (or at least used to be, before the Zerg bombed Aiur into oblivion). Both have been made by the Xel'Naga. Both are attuned to Khaydarin crystals. They are almost like brothers and sisters, in an evil, perverted and farfetched way.

The hybrids might end up being infected Protoss, but somehow, they start thinking for themselves instead of following the directives of the Zerg hive.

To be honest, that sounds much cooler to me than a robot race. I like robots, especially if they have large rotating spitters-of-lead, but the story of "robot AI attacks the living" has grown a bit stale.

Faenaris has 70 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-18-2007

United States Huluwa
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faenaris View Post
Well, a hybrid race between Zerg and Protoss would be interesting. The Zerg are like a bee-hive, while the Protoss are a stable oligarchy (or at least used to be, before the Zerg bombed Aiur into oblivion). Both have been made by the Xel'Naga. Both are attuned to Khaydarin crystals. They are almost like brothers and sisters, in an evil, perverted and farfetched way.

The hybrids might end up being infected Protoss, but somehow, they start thinking for themselves instead of following the directives of the Zerg hive.

To be honest, that sounds much cooler to me than a robot race. I like robots, especially if they have large rotating spitters-of-lead, but the story of "robot AI attacks the living" has grown a bit stale.
It's not like "robot AI out of control and attacks the living," because the Homenoids were forced to defend themselves after trying to break free from the Terrans, which led to their revolt.

Huluwa has 157 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-18-2007

Italy 10thNazgul
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faenaris View Post

Yes Hybrids have something interesting, at most for single player campaign.. but it's hard to make with them an entire playable race, as it could be difficult to create a race of infested terrans.
Hybrids however are created by Duran, not by the Zerg.

Indeed the eventual robotic race could have goals more deep than only slaughter Zerg & Protoss, expecially if designed by Xel'Naga (well...slaughter zerg could be one goal, for revenge)

pm.gif   

Old 05-18-2007

United States Kaiser
Ghost Reporting
 Kaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser has a reputation beyond repute

See but that sounds so bland, just because the game is futureistic why does everything have to deal with Robots? It's seriously way over used nowadays.

Kaiser has 230 Posts

[ Starcraft 2 ]

pm.gif   

Old 05-18-2007

Italy 10thNazgul
BF Member

Quote:
See but that sounds so bland, just because the game is futureistic why does everything have to deal with Robots? It's seriously way over used nowadays.
Agreed, but even:
a) Fascist-like futuristic human governement
b) Insect-like alien swarms
c) Noble ancient aliens with advanced technologies

are quite stereotyped...

pm.gif   

Old 05-18-2007

United States Huluwa
BF Member

Quote:
That's like saying, just because the game is futurestic why does it have to do with aliens? There are aliens in Starcraft, and yes it is futurestic. There are already robots in Starcraft 1, so having them as a new race isn't such a bad idea.

Huluwa has 157 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-18-2007

United States Kaiser
Ghost Reporting

Well if theres one thing I like about Starcraft it's how the characters and the races are developed, I just feel that throwing in a Robot race ruins the whole "it" thing that is Starcraft. I really can't explain it but when I sit down and look at the futureistic RTS's theres always that time when you know Starcraft is Starcraft. Like I said, it's hard for me to explain.

Kaiser has 230 Posts

[ Starcraft 2 ]

pm.gif   

Old 05-18-2007

Italy 10thNazgul
BF Member

Quote:
Well if theres one thing I like about Starcraft it's how the characters and the races are developed, I just feel that throwing in a Robot race ruins the whole "it" thing that is Starcraft. I really can't explain it but when I sit down and look at the futureistic RTS's theres always that time when you know Starcraft is Starcraft. Like I said, it's hard for me to explain.
I think that a race fit in SC if the designer develop it with a good background, an excellent in-game story and an outstanding, balanced gameplay...

pm.gif   

Old 05-18-2007

United States XBSHX
BF Member
 XBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to all

Quote:
Yep... and you guys are thinking of the hybrids as a protoss with claws of a ling and stuff... its not like they are grabbing dead protoss and zerg and stitching them together..

They would be quite protoss looking (since they are purity of form... but without the super advanced technology) they would however be a collective like the zerg (purity of essence - all minds connected as one).

When I think of them I think a very protoss looking creature with some sort of organic weapon... (psi blades made out of bone maybe), more like the early tribal protoss... very primitive but they are all one mind.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Zergling seagull sound NEEDS to go.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to XBSHX  

Old 05-18-2007

Finland Arbinn
BF Member
 Arbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to all

Robot race would be childis and a bit ridicilous IMO. No thx.

One shouldn't add stuff to SC2 only because it's cool. Robot race would be OK for some other game, but it just doesn't fit to Starcraft. It's lame.

Arbinn has 562 Posts

When no one was looking, Lex Luthor took FORTY cakes! He took 40 cakes. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

pm.gif   
Closed Thread