Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 05-17-2007

Italy 10thNazgul
BF Member
 10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen
Default Re: Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariush View Post
Hero system was a RPG element added to a RTS , its not an innovation imo , just mixing 2 genres...and it sucked imo.

I wouldnt want anything than pure RTS for starcraft2.
the innovation was adding that RPG element in a RTS, and they succeeded, for me, because i liked WC3 much

pm.gif   

Old 05-17-2007

Finland Arbinn
BF Member
 Arbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to allArbinn is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassad View Post
Night Elves were unneeded.
Agreed. I hope they could still remove them. 60% of the whole damn playerbase seems to play noobelf. It freaks me out.

I was just going to post that squad or single question. I prefer single troops. Yeah squads may be more realistic, but single units are just better IMO. I can see the HP exactly, I can tell it exactly where to go (squad is spreaded so it can't go exactly where I tell it to go) and I just plain like single troops over squads.

Maybe I'm individualist, I dunno.

Arbinn has 562 Posts

When no one was looking, Lex Luthor took FORTY cakes! He took 40 cakes. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

pm.gif   

Old 05-17-2007

United States XBSHX
BF Member
 XBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbinn View Post
Agreed. I hope they could still remove them. 60% of the whole damn playerbase seems to play noobelf. It freaks me out.

I was just going to post that squad or single question. I prefer single troops. Yeah squads may be more realistic, but single units are just better IMO. I can see the HP exactly, I can tell it exactly where to go (squad is spreaded so it can't go exactly where I tell it to go) and I just plain like single troops over squads.

Maybe I'm individualist, I dunno.
Yeah I really hope its single units too... I also hope they don't build in a limit to the number of things in a map like starcraft's map max.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Zergling seagull sound NEEDS to go.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to XBSHX  

Old 05-17-2007

Moldova CajunMan
Viva La Resistance!
 CajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than you

I hate the map max it pisses me off sooo much hopefully with a new upgraded game that won't be a prob like it used to.

CajunMan has 4,107 Posts

"Innocence proves nothing"

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to CajunMan Send a message via MSN to CajunMan Send a message via Yahoo to CajunMan 

Old 05-17-2007

United States XBSHX
BF Member
 XBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMan550 View Post
I hate the map max it pisses me off sooo much hopefully with a new upgraded game that won't be a prob like it used to.
Yeah it always pisses me off too, I'm sure blizzard could have patched that out of the engine by now... I'm not really sure why they didn't.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Old 05-17-2007

United States Marneus Calgar
Nuclear Launch Detected
 Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!

I prefer squads, but with the low HP of SC infantry units, and how fast they die, it wouldn't be practical, as it'd be like---> dead, dead, dead, dead.

Marneus Calgar has 1,155 Posts

"Live forever, apes."
~Lieutenant Razack, Razack's Roughnecks

Hydragoon on Reapers and Stimpacks:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydragoon View Post
If I were a guy with a jump pack going into a heavily defended base with two pistols, I'd want to be high on something first...

pm.gif   

Old 05-18-2007

Italy 10thNazgul
BF Member
 10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marneus Calgar View Post
I prefer squads, but with the low HP of SC infantry units, and how fast they die, it wouldn't be practical, as it'd be like---> dead, dead, dead, dead.
better reason to train a squad instead of a single unit: you can do very little with a single marine/ling/zealot

pm.gif   

Old 05-18-2007

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

Hmm, not really. A single Zealot packs a 16 damage punch per hit, and a pumped up ling or rine(via stim packs) can be deadly. Squads would not make sence, cause that would mean either each unit gets a nerfed attack, or they would be overpowered.

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 05-18-2007

United States XBSHX
BF Member

Yeah no squads... a few of you guys are trying to turn it into a C&C3 clone with units being crushed, garrisoning, squads.

I also don't want different weapon types (like WC had piercing and whatnot) I don't want to have to worry about my marine not being useful against a certain enemy.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Old 05-18-2007

Italy 10thNazgul
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBSHX View Post
Yeah no squads... a few of you guys are trying to turn it into a C&C3 clone with units being crushed, garrisoning, squads.

I also don't want different weapon types (like WC had piercing and whatnot) I don't want to have to worry about my marine not being useful against a certain enemy.
Different weapon types there are already in SC: concussive/normal/explosive damage
so that some units could be better to counter a certain enemy instead of another.
A firebat could be great against lings but does less damage to an ultralisk...

pm.gif   

Old 05-18-2007

United States XBSHX
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thNazgul View Post
Different weapon types there are already in SC: concussive/normal/explosive damage
so that some units could be better to counter a certain enemy instead of another.
A firebat could be great against lings but does less damage to an ultralisk...
I know there are different types in SC but its a minor factor (except splash damage). In WC3 you have to actually take that into account.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Old 05-18-2007

Italy 10thNazgul
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBSHX View Post
I know there are different types in SC but its a minor factor (except splash damage). In WC3 you have to actually take that into account.
When you do half damage it counts! When you have decide how to counter you take this into account... or you usually counter dragoons with firebats?

pm.gif   

Old 05-18-2007

Argentina imarafan
Holas the cat
 imarafan is a name known to allimarafan is a name known to allimarafan is a name known to allimarafan is a name known to allimarafan is a name known to allimarafan is a name known to allimarafan is a name known to allimarafan is a name known to allimarafan is a name known to allimarafan is a name known to allimarafan is a name known to all

HOLAS: (tm)

max units sucked..... especially when you're a map maker -_- ....

imarafan has 1,361 Posts

I are a cat full of HOLAS...... delivering HOLAS to the world

pm.gif   

Old 05-18-2007

Canada ShadowAldrius
Evil wizard of some sort
 ShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortals

Quote:
In WC3 you have to actually take that into account.
Pft. Barely. The damage reduction/increase isn't that great. And it really only applies to things that were already owning anyway. (i.e. Heavy air over melee)

ShadowAldrius has 2,172 Posts

The Banshee should be surly, drunken and Irish. (Okay, maybe just Irish.)

pm.gif   

Old 05-18-2007

United States XBSHX
BF Member

maybe its the range of damage in starcraft instead of the set ammount that makes it seem like that to me... I don't want starcraft to have damage such as 14-20... just want one number that only changes when you upgrade.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts