Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 05-17-2007

United States Marneus Calgar
Nuclear Launch Detected
 Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!
Default Re: Balance

That's a good idea. What are Vindicators again?

Marneus Calgar has 1,155 Posts

"Live forever, apes."
~Lieutenant Razack, Razack's Roughnecks

Hydragoon on Reapers and Stimpacks:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydragoon View Post
If I were a guy with a jump pack going into a heavily defended base with two pistols, I'd want to be high on something first...

pm.gif   

Old 05-17-2007

Canada ShadowAldrius
Evil wizard of some sort
 ShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortals

They're in ghost, I forget what they do entirely, but I'm pretty sure they're ranged protoss warriors of some sort.

ShadowAldrius has 2,172 Posts

The Banshee should be surly, drunken and Irish. (Okay, maybe just Irish.)

pm.gif   

Old 05-17-2007

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened

Quote:
There were orcs and humans, and they fought each other... and this was a major plot element. Are you saying they shouldn't have had extra races?
Yes.

Quote:
Well they had to add diversity. :P Even WC2 wasn't that balanced, though. Polymorph was completely overpowered.
And so was Death Coil. Things balanced out every well.

Quote:
How so?

It used to be you could send 50 Peons to gather gold. In Warcraft III, 4-5 are the maximum. Lumber was harder to gather, giving way to more strategy. More lumber and more gold came from one peon per gather. It was a much better system. Did you even play Warcraft II? This seems like it would be obvious.

It seems like this has died down. I was having fun being an asshole too.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kassad  

Old 05-17-2007

Nuclear Launch Detected
 Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!Marneus Calgar is dominating!

At least we can discuss things peacefully now, though.

"Live forever, apes."

Quote:
If I were a guy with a jump pack going into a heavily defended base with two pistols, I'd want to be high on something first...

pm.gif   

Old 05-17-2007

Canada ShadowAldrius
Evil wizard of some sort
 ShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortals

Quote:
And so was Death Coil. Things balanced out every well.
The big issue was Bloodlust until people discovered Polymorph.

Quote:
It used to be you could send 50 Peons to gather gold. In Warcraft III, 4-5 are the maximum. Lumber was harder to gather, giving way to more strategy. More lumber and more gold came from one peon per gather. It was a much better system. Did you even play Warcraft II? This seems like it would be obvious.
Oh, I thought you meant how gold/lumber was actually gathered (like with ghouls)... well I suspected. I really didn't know what you were talking about. :P

Eh. I liked the new system better. *Shrug*

Quote:
Yes.
But then the storyline would have sucked... and Undead>Orcs and Humans =b.

ShadowAldrius has 2,172 Posts

The Banshee should be surly, drunken and Irish. (Okay, maybe just Irish.)

pm.gif   

Old 05-17-2007

Moldova CajunMan
Viva La Resistance!
 CajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than you

Thank god the newbs have gone to there dens to rest for a slew of flame posts on the day of SC2's release. We must stand fast men prepare for the worst and give them hell. I can't wait no matter what blizzard does I will buy the game for the story line. But you know it'd be nice to get the same SC we all know and love but meh beggers can't be choosers. I will stand by anything they give us (no WC3 crap) but I would love to see them go for some kind of Total War in game variation if they do go 3-D I love that system. The scale is fantastic and the units look amasing maybe the group size could be varied 1 to whatever then be controled as a unit and such. Also have control of buildings and such like that what yall think?

Last edited by CajunMan; 05-17-2007 at 04:04 PM.
CajunMan has 4,107 Posts

"Innocence proves nothing"

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to CajunMan Send a message via MSN to CajunMan Send a message via Yahoo to CajunMan 

Old 05-17-2007

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened

Quote:
The big issue was Bloodlust until people discovered Polymorph.
Bloodlust equaled it out by far.

Quote:
Oh, I thought you meant how gold/lumber was actually gathered (like with ghouls)... well I suspected. I really didn't know what you were talking about. :P

Eh. I liked the new system better. *Shrug*
Opinions on both sides. It just really bugged me.

Quote:
But then the storyline would have sucked... and Undead>Orcs and Humans =b.
Night Elves were unneeded.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kassad  

Old 05-17-2007

Italy 10thNazgul
BF Member
 10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariush View Post
ok so tell me this , is in your opinion , hero system in wc3 an innovation?
In my opinion the hero system in WC3 was quite innovative and makes WC3 a game with an original gameplay.
However i think that the hero systems and the following RPG elements worked well in a fantasy environment, but can't be applied in the futuristic SC universe (as can't be applied in a RTS with modern combat or World War 2 context)

pm.gif   

Old 05-17-2007

Italy 10thNazgul
BF Member
 10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet2head View Post
But the balance may not be balanced. Sc is good because it requires skill. If that is taken out, one race may have an unfair advantage.
by definition, if after one or more changes (new units, a new race, 3-D engine, introduction of new features) the developers make the game balanced, no race have an unfair advantage...

pm.gif   

Old 05-17-2007

Nuclear Launch Detected

Also, if 3-D, do you think the basic infantry will be in "squads"(i.e. same health/damage but multiple soldiers) or still single? I'm hoping single, but squads seem to be "in" these days. Total War system is kinda unique, and a bit high-end. I wouldn't mind Company of Heroes graphics myself, but those are extremely system-intensive(but beatiful)

"Live forever, apes."

Quote:

pm.gif   

Old 05-17-2007

Italy 10thNazgul
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marneus Calgar View Post
Also, if 3-D, do you think the basic infantry will be in "squads"(i.e. same health/damage but multiple soldiers) or still single? I'm hoping single, but squads seem to be "in" these days. Total War system is kinda unique, and a bit high-end. I wouldn't mind Company of Heroes graphics myself, but those are extremely system-intensive(but beatiful)
I prefer the "squad" system: in fact makes little sense to train a single marine or a single (couple) of zergling.

pm.gif   

Old 05-17-2007

Iran Dariush
Power hungry
 Dariush doesn't suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thNazgul View Post
In my opinion the hero system in WC3 was quite innovative and makes WC3 a game with an original gameplay.
However i think that the hero systems and the following RPG elements worked well in a fantasy environment, but can't be applied in the futuristic SC universe (as can't be applied in a RTS with modern combat or World War 2 context)
Hero system was a RPG element added to a RTS , its not an innovation imo , just mixing 2 genres...and it sucked imo.

I wouldnt want anything than pure RTS for starcraft2.

Dariush has 48 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-17-2007

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

Agreed. No buildable Heros(just doesn't work in SC), no RPG stuff, just pure RTS goodness. That, and hopefully SC2 won't have the whole buildable squad thing. That is getting to be way to common in RTS's nowadays, and the old one troop at a time way just works better for SC.

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 05-17-2007

Moldova CajunMan
Viva La Resistance!
 CajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than you

What do you think bout the 3-D point of view of Medieval total war 2 and graphics? I think it would make an awsome SC2 if 3-D was to be the way to go. Just the way the game flows and the scale. I don't mean change system or anything just everything will be of bigger scale and have a total war look to it.

CajunMan has 4,107 Posts

"Innocence proves nothing"

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to CajunMan Send a message via MSN to CajunMan Send a message via Yahoo to CajunMan 

Old 05-17-2007

Canada countchocula86
Chocolate God
 countchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of win

Quote:
pure RTS goodness
Fingers crossed!!! No weird "fusion" games lol. Just RTS. Nothin else.

countchocula86 has 1,599 Posts

pm.gif