Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 07-12-2006

BlizzForums spinesheath
Trigger Mathemagician
 spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!

7:35 dammnit, those Ultralisks are so fat they can hit you at an instant... Even with maxed armor this is quite hopeless...
So, my conclusion: Survival Mode is probably the greatest feature in your map :P

spinesheath has 1,456 Posts

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to spinesheath  

Old 07-13-2006

United States Death
The Grim Spectre of Death
 Death was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to lead

Well I beatin the Cave and the Mountain thing where you fall off.
The Cave one was still hard even with your walkthrough but I guess I finally got lucky and found 5 Dentonation Packs. I though it'd be nice in my opinion if you had a leader board to count how much Dentonation packs you have cause I forgot and I ended up getting more then what I needed.

This one was more annoying then hard. Though it is nice to have a lot of time to complete it. Every time I turned to a corner or something I always ended up falling off the edge. The Mutalisks were annoying too cause sometimes they'd hit you and the Defiler would move to the edge and fall off.

Now i'm stuck on the Plains level everytime I walk out of the respawn point I get swarmed by Infested Terrans, Archons and trapped by Science Vesseles. I did the as the FAQ said and tryed to keep moving though that isn't as easy as it sounds.
Well atleast having it hard is a good thing.

Death has 1,575 Posts

"Over all people have I surrendered thee the power, only not over this one which has received freedom from Death through the Law"
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

-Death

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Death  

Old 07-13-2006

United States Tuxedo Templar
Tuxlar
 Tuxedo Templar doesn't suck

Have fun with the plains are we? *cackles evily*

Yeah I think that part, even as its own damn creator, was the only part of the whole project that witnessed me physically screaming at my computer at times. I won't even begin on the horror stories of trying to test and tweak the difficulty balance of that area.

Good times!

Tuxedo Templar has 40 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Tuxedo Templar Send a message via MSN to Tuxedo Templar Send a message via Yahoo to Tuxedo Templar 

Old 07-13-2006

United States Death
The Grim Spectre of Death
 Death was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to leadDeath was born to lead

K I finally beat the Plains..but you are evil.

The Turret part = The pure definition of evil and impossible

The Ghostly part was easy same with the boss which i'm not suprised who it was. Then came the final part I assume.
The last boss was okay difficulty until his health reaches like 20% and then all it seems to do is teleport around and drain time to increase it's health which I thought was seriously annoying.
I lost cause of it but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try again later but i'm so worn out from that Turret level.

Death has 1,575 Posts

"Over all people have I surrendered thee the power, only not over this one which has received freedom from Death through the Law"
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

-Death

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Death  

Old 07-13-2006

Tuxlar

When the final boss does that temporal attack, you need to hit it as quickly as possible. Just get to the center of the arena when it starts doing its teleports, and be ready to pelt it when it settles down to charge up.

If you're having trouble with the turret you can use airstrikes (grenades, 50g) and healing (250g!). In fact you might have to at least once for the healing.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Tuxedo Templar Send a message via MSN to Tuxedo Templar Send a message via Yahoo to Tuxedo Templar 

Old 07-13-2006

United States AFHOF
Permanent Failure
 AFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at life

Well, I feel ashamed for 2 reasons:

1. I couldnt even beat the very first level. Even in the 7 minutes alloted to beat it I still couldnt.

2. I tried several times, but to no avail. So I opened up the CHK and looked at the strings to determine the next level's password.

Im so sad

pm.gif   

Old 07-13-2006

BlizzForums spinesheath
Trigger Mathemagician
 spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!spinesheath is unstoppable!

Try Survival Mode until you reach 3:00 or so, above 3:30 is really good, once you managed to reach 5:00 (gets a little easier once you got the Magnum lvl1 (well that might just be me), you can fairly easily reach 7:00, but from there on it's hard as hell.
Today I tried about 10 times to reach 5:00 again (bonus!!!), but I couldn't do it... I really suck with the semi-automatic... especially its highest level is extremely hard to use to its best...

Old 07-13-2006

United States AFHOF
Permanent Failure
 AFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at lifeAFHOF fails at life

Im guessing the weapons are the same from Trigger happy d?

pm.gif   

Old 07-13-2006

Canada !!SaLtMaN!!
Trigger Fingers
 !!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light!!SaLtMaN!! is a glorious beacon of light

I loved the map, it was awesome! I loved that turret part, the music goes so well with it. The only times I died was when the command centers came, gotta go for those first. I thought healing was 500g, it took 500g away when I healed during Gargula.
Everything is very original, I loove the boss fights, they were in-freakin-tense. I must go do survival now.
GREAT map tux! It was truly nothing like I've seen before.

!!SaLtMaN!! has 23 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to !!SaLtMaN!! Send a message via MSN to !!SaLtMaN!!  

Old 07-13-2006

Tuxlar

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinesheath
Try Survival Mode until you reach 3:00 or so, above 3:30 is really good, once you managed to reach 5:00 (gets a little easier once you got the Magnum lvl1 (well that might just be me), you can fairly easily reach 7:00, but from there on it's hard as hell.
Today I tried about 10 times to reach 5:00 again (bonus!!!), but I couldn't do it... I really suck with the semi-automatic... especially its highest level is extremely hard to use to its best...
The semi-automatic? You mean the automatic?

Well if you continually fire with the automatic you can keep the stream of shots running as long as your clip lasts. With the minigun that can go on for quite a while!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsagan43
Im guessing the weapons are the same from Trigger happy d?
Only vaguely. They're significantly improved this time around, though (most of you probably haven't even noticed the subtle, limited auto-aiming of certain weapons, I'm sure ).

Old 07-14-2006

BlizzForums spinesheath
Trigger Mathemagician

Automatic, then I am no weapons freak, after all, and I don't care about the names when it says "new weapon equipped" while I am dodging a bunch of zealots

Of course I noticed the auto aiming - pretty useful against those mutas from the top and bottom corners, but not that great of a deal apart from those

Old 07-14-2006

BlizzForums spinesheath
Trigger Mathemagician

The way it is now, you could really end the game once you die on the highway when rusing the bike. There is no way you could do it with so little time left... And it is too annoying to walk all that way to where you get to ride your bike again...