Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 01-27-2007

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened
Default Re: Brand-new MMO

These sites are not trustable sources...

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kassad  

Old 01-28-2007

Israel MasterBoo
Giant Space Hamster
 MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!MasterBoo is dominating!
Default Re: Brand-new MMO

People, you should read other threads before opening a new one. There are like 4-5 topics regarding the MMO in the SC forums...

MasterBoo has 2,866 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2007

United States TheTeaHouseDuel
Shhh. God is listening.
 TheTeaHouseDuel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: starcraft mmo coming out

I am surprised Blizzard hasn't attempted to make an FPS game, almost something like the Speed of Darkness, think of all of the possbilities.

TheTeaHouseDuel has 11 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-29-2007

Israel PullMyTriggerOK
"Love is a disease"
 PullMyTriggerOK is dominating!PullMyTriggerOK is dominating!PullMyTriggerOK is dominating!PullMyTriggerOK is dominating!PullMyTriggerOK is dominating!PullMyTriggerOK is dominating!PullMyTriggerOK is dominating!PullMyTriggerOK is dominating!PullMyTriggerOK is dominating!PullMyTriggerOK is dominating!PullMyTriggerOK is dominating!

Im very sorry, Im new here. What does MMO stand for?

PullMyTriggerOK has 120 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to PullMyTriggerOK  

Old 01-29-2007

Canada rise
StarCraft: Legacy
 rise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightenedrise has become enlightened

D3 or new universe = Blizzard's 'new' MMO.

SC2 will be made with at least some (they may go WC3 on it...) RTS elements. The point that there are facts (e.g. RTS staff or community backlash) to prove this is irrelivant. Thinking "World of StarCraft" will be released is just so rediculous.

In terms of this MMO, the hints have not been given about SC, merely about the type of MMO. It won't be a WoW clone. It'll most likely be marketed to the Guild Wars market. (free servers + consistant expansions).

On the off chance they do go MMO on SC, it'd most likely be following a path like Hellgate: London. I.e. a blend between action and FPS.

rise has 1,926 Posts

Past, Present, Future

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to rise  

Old 01-30-2007

Afghanistan warrior6
With The Sons Of Korhal
 warrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyTriggerOK View Post
Im very sorry, Im new here. What does MMO stand for?

i think its short for mmorpg...which stands for massive multiplayer online role playing game...like world of warcraft, elder scrolls or guild wars

warrior6 has 1,421 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-30-2007

United States Admiral Mengsk
 Admiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to lead

Wow. I love how everyone is so sure that their opinions are the holy fucking gospel truth.
That said let me help you guys out with some of my holy fucking gospel truth

1. You have no idea what SC2 will be like so don't fucking say they will just fuck it up and everything will got to shit. Are you a psychic? Doubt that very much. So SC2 will be what SC2 will be so stop saying sc2 is gonna be a piece and not live up and blah blah blah.
2.If Blizzard was going to make SC into an mmo don't you think that they would only do so if they had a way of making it good? So if SC was made into an MMO it would be awesome. Lets not sit and say it can't be done when noone knows how the fuck it will turn out.Cuz you don't know it might be so damn great as to cause a cataclysmic event.

pm.gif   

Old 01-30-2007

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened

Quote:
1. You have no idea what SC2 will be like so don't fucking say they will just fuck it up and everything will got to shit. Are you a psychic? Doubt that very much. So SC2 will be what SC2 will be so stop saying sc2 is gonna be a piece and not live up and blah blah blah.
Finally, fresh meat.

I don't think you understand something here. Starcraft and BW were, if not the greatest, two of the greatest games to ever touch my eyes. They were perfect in almost every way, from entertaining campaigns to balanced and well thought out gameplay. People here are basically saying that it would be nearly impossible for Starcraft 2 to live up to the standards set by the original. We can't predict it, but it's not a hard thing to see after Warcraft III, which let down much of the Warcraft community.

Quote:
2.If Blizzard was going to make SC into an mmo don't you think that they would only do so if they had a way of making it good? So if SC was made into an MMO it would be awesome. Lets not sit and say it can't be done when noone knows how the fuck it will turn out.Cuz you don't know it might be so damn great as to cause a cataclysmic event.
Just because the designers think that it's going to be good, doesn't make it good. They wouldn't release a game they know was going to take more fire than praise.

A Starcraft MMORPG would be crazy and stupid. There's almost no way to do it logically. Tanks, Goliaths, Vultures, Carriers, Scouts, and countless others would not be able to fit into the MMORPG gameplay. It would be impossible to do and it would let down the vast majority of the fanbase that is pleading for an RTS.

Feels good to hit someone else besides Bullet.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

Old 01-30-2007

Canada InRage
Thrashing
 InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!InRage is unstoppable!

To add to what Kassad said, Don't question our psychic abilities, they have developed quite well. Just not enough to know when SC2 is coming out. Only LoA has those such powers.

InRage has 3,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer64
Caution the sarcasm served here is hot. In fact it is heated over geothermic vents, so if you burn yourself you'll probably die, but more importantly it's your own damn fault.
The one formerly known as Inrage

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to InRage  

Old 01-30-2007

United States atX
The balls are inert.
 atX was born to leadatX was born to leadatX was born to leadatX was born to leadatX was born to leadatX was born to leadatX was born to lead

LoA if you tell me when sc2 comes out right now i'll give you a cookie and possibly some sort of medal

pm.gif   

Old 01-30-2007

United States Kassad
Serenity Now

Lay off Loa, for the last time. Must I post this again?

Quote:
That or we could just leave him alone and stop squeezing at his chest before he exhales what we want? This is the kind of thing that could cause a massacre. Imagine if Loa did have some kind of information regarding Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3. It slips and he tells us. Well guess what? Guests and all of us will see it and we'll go shouting it on the mountain. Next thing you know, Blizzard's whole plan for a grand entrance for their games is blown and Loa, and whoever is giving (hypothetically) him the information will lose their job no doubt. Quit pushing it guys. A lot of harm can come from this, whether you like it or not.
I will press it a last time, and I'm nice because you haven't been around here to see the threads. Please don't pester Loa about Starcraft 2. If he does have information, it's something he, no doubt, swore his life to keep. This is a big deal.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

Old 01-30-2007

United States Admiral Mengsk
 Admiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to leadAdmiral Mengsk was born to lead

LOL! If thats the best you have Kassad then piss off. The truth is you don't know what Sc2 will be like so you can't say it won't live up to the standards of Sc1 and Broodwar because you don't know hwat it will be. As i said above; saying a SC mmo is impossible is just plain stupid. You don't know what the designers could be cooking up. Also i never said an mmoRPG i said MMO. Which could also be an RTS which i think could be done well.

pm.gif   

Old 01-30-2007

United States Kassad
Serenity Now

Ooh, little Mighty Mouse acting like he's all big and tough. Grow up, jackass. I keep my insults to a minimum until people like you decide to get their pubes in a bunch. Oh wait.

Hmm, nice going there liar. Are you claiming that I said what Starcraft 2 would be like? No, I said it's going to have a tough time meeting standards. With fans like me, Bullet, and many others, if it doesn't rival the original, it will probably not give us the feeling that we had hoped for. Is anyone here actually saying it will be shitty? Most of us I know just say there's a chance that Blizzard might not pull this off.

Ha! You're great there buddy. It'd be nearly impossible to balance those things out logically without people like me, not like you, who have a functional brain. Plus, seeing that Zerg have no actual communication, plus half of the different units would be so imbalanced it would be terrible. Impossible? In my opinion, yes. That's my opinion there big boy, not a fact. They can cook up whatever the fuck they want.

The opinion of the people here is that Starcraft 2/Starcraft MMO might not be a good idea. That's our opinion. Doesn't make it law or anything, but you seem to take every word and make it into something it isn't.

Honestly, you don't know what Starcraft 2 is going to be either, so you saying it will be good is lacking just as many facts as my opinion is. Take a sit there, big guy. You're out of your league.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

Old 01-30-2007

United States -Xavier-
 -Xavier- is a god among mere mortals-Xavier- is a god among mere mortals-Xavier- is a god among mere mortals-Xavier- is a god among mere mortals-Xavier- is a god among mere mortals-Xavier- is a god among mere mortals-Xavier- is a god among mere mortals-Xavier- is a god among mere mortals-Xavier- is a god among mere mortals-Xavier- is a god among mere mortals-Xavier- is a god among mere mortals

Admiral Megnsk, stop being a troll. Give the senior members some respect, buddy.

pm.gif   

Old 01-31-2007

Spain chame
BF Member
 chame is an unknown quantity at this point

About the Blizzard capabilities to make sc2, I dont believe they can do it again, at least with good results. In all the sc hardcore gamer forums nobody want sc2, they believe that sc is art, some state of perfection, balance, speed etc etc xD
Looking to recent blizz titles, for example w3, they didnt achieve half the magic that sc has, and everything blizz could add to the game could become in serious drawbacks, better 3D gfx could mean slow movements, distraction from the battles, a new race could mean that the game will be difficult to ballance etc

I remember that blizz suggested at sc launch that hydras counter goons. I fully believe that blizz didnt know that they created this piece of gold, they just had some luck and help from the comunity of gamers to ballance the game.

pm.gif