Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 12-30-2006

United States Alexander
Pew Pew
 Alexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwns
Default Exodar and Silvermoon city = retarted?

I'm excited to see brand new cities and what they look like, but why do they have to placed in such shitty places? I would have gone against the lore if it meant not having them in such crappy places. Capital cities are used when they are in convienent places, not because they look cool. The Exodar is literally right next to Darnassus, and the only way to get to Silvermoon city is take a portal through Undercity (otherwise you have a long trip through the plaguelands).

I thought maybe Blizzard would take Darnassus as an example of this, since nobody ever goes to Darnassus.

Alexander has 1,497 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Alexander  

Old 12-30-2006

United States Hymn
Green is the new Black.
 Hymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatness
Default Re: Exodar and Silvermoon city = retarted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
I'm excited to see brand new cities and what they look like, but why do they have to placed in such shitty places? I would have gone against the lore if it meant not having them in such crappy places. Capital cities are used when they are in convienent places, not because they look cool. The Exodar is literally right next to Darnassus, and the only way to get to Silvermoon city is take a portal through Undercity (otherwise you have a long trip through the plaguelands).

I thought maybe Blizzard would take Darnassus as an example of this, since nobody ever goes to Darnassus.
You do realize there is a portal to every major city in the game in the main city in Outland right?

Hymn has 6,931 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Hymn  

Old 12-30-2006

United States Alexander
Pew Pew
 Alexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hymn View Post
You do realize there is a portal to every major city in the game in the main city in Outland right?
Yeah, but what about the people who arent playing in Outland?

Old 12-30-2006

United States Hymn
Green is the new Black.
 Hymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
Yeah, but what about the people who arent playing in Outland?
They will continue to use Org or IF until their center of focus changes. Moving the cities closer together won't solve lag, because then people will complain that it takes too long to get to the outskirt areas of the map.

Hymn has 6,931 Posts

Old 12-31-2006

United States Alexander
Pew Pew

Dunno, it still sucks that they are close to cities that are already there.

Old 12-31-2006

United States Hymn
Green is the new Black.

When I did play, I always went to the closest city (unless I was AH-ing, because I played before the multi-city AH patch) from where my last quest objective was. This could be anything from Gadgetzan to Undercity. After 30, I seriously doubt anyone should be hearthstoned outside of the main city (ORG or IF), and in TBC at 60+ you should be hearthed at Shatterath City.

Hymn has 6,931 Posts

Old 12-31-2006

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

No way.

For Horde, Hearth at Grom'Gol is the way to go ;p

Either there or Kargath.

Bred has 8,696 Posts

i got atm machines for testicles..go me.. - Demon

pm.gif   

Old 01-02-2007

United States Hymn
Green is the new Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bred View Post
No way.

For Horde, Hearth at Grom'Gol is the way to go ;p

Either there or Kargath.
Psh I say stay hearthed at Valley of Trials or The Crypt. Once you lose that, you never get it back lol.

Hymn has 6,931 Posts

Old 01-09-2007

Netherlands Adron
Fel Boar
 Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!

kargath is so 2005, CChold and LHC are the places to be hearthed

Adron has 116 Posts

pm.gif