View Single Post

Old 03-15-2008

United States mr. peasant
 mr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to all

Call me weird but I don't see the problem with the fireflies. To me, it works in that it drives the message that the Zerg are so evil that they even make cute things kill you. Besides, I think the fireflies serve two important functions. Firstly, it makes it very easy to differentiate which units have been equipped with them, while maintaining the Zerg's 'swarm-like' attribute without having to do too much to the model of the structure (meaning, it doesn't make building identification difficult). Secondly, I think they sort of serve as some kind of 'ammo' in that their numbers decrease with subsequent attacks, indicating how many more times they can attack (I could be wrong about this though).

pm.gif