View Single Post

Old 07-16-2008

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium
 Reservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightened

The shower spread thin, erratic veins of water across Vince's body, it's more-than-warm temperature soothing the muscles closest to his skin.

After working with the shower gel and shampoo for ten minutes, Vince's mind began to drift, his body enjoying the relaxing spray as his mind returned to a more...worse time.

He remembered how she - Naomi - had taken care of them after the Cadence crashed. Before Belgur's men had found them and transported them. Before...

...he remembered her tanned skin, so beautiful in the brazen sun. She was definitely of Asian descent; but there was no mistaking the Russian and Greek heritage in her, either. Sometimes, he thought that she cared for him too...but he never did find out. When Belgur's men came, they decided she was a "liability", and stole her off separate from Vince and Ahab. Vince had wanted to die, but Belgur had other plans...plans that now meant nothing.

All he could see was her face, twisted in agony as two burly cyborgs dragged her away, into the underbelly of their own ship. She did not cry out, nor did she cry at all: but there was something deeper, something that she tried to direct to the then barely-conscious Vince with all her heart.

He could barely remember that face...

He took a moment to regain his composure. His mental clock told him he had been in the shower fifteen minutes: long enough. Turning the knobs to the closed position, Vince stepped out and grabbed two towels; one for his head, the other for his body. It didn't take him long to dry himself off, since he didn't have as much concentrated hair as Katie/Whoever-she-was. Nevertheless, he had forgotten one major thing that, for the moment, prevented him from leaving the bathroom.

He creaked the door open, popping his head through. Although he could see her, he could smell food: didn't smell half bad. "Hey, I hope you're not eating...'cause I kinda left my bag beside the couch. Just let me know if you don't mind me going Roman and wearing a towel as I run over and get it, or if you want to get it for me." He leaned his head towards where he thought the kitchen was. "Or, if you want, you can just close your eyes. I won't hate you if you take a peek, though - we're adults, after all," he said, a light, playful smirk on his face.

Reservoir has 912 Posts

"Those who always listen do not experience everything."
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyGal View Post
God, people think I'm He-Man with tits.
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Reservoir Send a message via Yahoo to Reservoir