View Single Post

Old 10-21-2008

United States areese87
BF Member
 areese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of winareese87 is made of win

Way I see it, is that people bitch about the slightest changes that would affect their "skill." I mean, what if Starcraft Vanilla had single-unit-selection. That's right- one unit at a time. Well you can bet your ass that people would bitch if multi-unit selection were to be introduced in SC2. They would decry that MUS would take away their skill, and make the game weaker, less workable for pros, and such.

This is all fear of change. And as someone said earlier, no one, NO ONE, no pro, as ever been "perfect" on Micro and Macro. Pros would ID as one or the other, generally. I do believe that a little less montonous choice-less busy work that can be easily automated (Grunt, your little auto-unit build argument was pricelessly hilariously bad. Yeah, I used TWO adverbs) would benefit the game, and still allow plenty of things for the pros to do.

That WC3 argument is not exactly workable, as Heros, not super-reduced micro, were one of the principle reasons for not working as a competitive game. Heroes were a bit too chance-related, and abilities based on chance were another chief cause. You can look at multiple games that have accuracy-rates in abilities/attacks, and they won't last competitively. That SC did not have much in the way of chance, along with great balance, is one of the reasons it did so well. Mathematic breakdowns.

Anyway, all will be well. And I do hope the gas mechanic that used CHOICE will be resurrected. That was a decent concept.

areese87 has 1,702 Posts

Obama has won. The seas of change are flooding the streets- a deluge of possibility, a monsoon of opportunity, a literal tsunami of inspiration. We're talking hope. And the only thing left to do is to put on some swimming trunks, maybe a pair of goggles, and just riiiide the wave...

And a major pox on that bastard Jeph Loeb. Everything you touch dies.

pm.gif