BlizzForums

BlizzForums (http://www.blizzforums.com/index.php)
-   Warcraft Discussion & Strategy (http://www.blizzforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   World of Warcraft: The Wrath of the Lich King (http://www.blizzforums.com/showthread.php?t=10783)

Waffen 08-01-2007 11:50 AM

World of Warcraft: The Wrath of the Lich King

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/31/ge...the-lich-king/

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6175938...stnews;title;0

http://www.wowszene.de/news.php?extend.1182

The third link has a Q & A if you're interested.

Dragon Master 08-01-2007 01:07 PM

Re: World of Warcraft: The Wrath of the Lich King

I'm not sure I'm going to keep going for another xpac.

Eli 08-01-2007 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xilence of Scilla
WoWszene.de came up with a massive amount of leaked infos on the next WoW Addon: Wrath of the Lich King

We asked to WoWszene.de the permission to post the translation (thanks MyM|Leniya) of the german part of their article ; there it is:

WoW-Szene.de presents you the most important contents about the new addon by Blizzard- World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. Last night you could see those informations shortly on an underpage of the officially EU-WoW Website and got confirmed to WoW-Szene.de by other sources, among others the official FAQ to WotLK.

What to expect from the Expansion :

*It is going to Northrend! With level 80 and new abilities! If some Objects are achieved, you can create a new Character. The Death Knight. He starts straight in High Level Area.
*In PVP there will be finally be the long-ago announced siege weapons available and there will be destroyable buildings, plus a new battleground
*The Deathknight will be a kind of Damage Dealer and at the same time a Tank with so far non existant new abilities. He will be playable by Alliance and Horde, but it will be just certain Races who will have the possibility to create a Death Knight. He is the first Hero class and other will probably come in the following Expansions.

More summaries of the of the FAQs:

* New possibilities of designing your Character.
* You will fight against the Lich King Arthas!
* Leveling from 70 to 80 will take as much time as leveling from 60 to 70.
* Howling Fjord will be the first area you will arrive to. Afterwards there will be areas following like Grizzly Hills and Dragonblight.
* The first Dungeon will be Utgarde Keep. You will be able to enter it at level 70 and it will be a 5-man Instance. 25er Dungeons will still be existant, just as well as Heroic Instances.
* New Profession: Inscription – Enduring amplification of spells and abilities.
* There will be a Cinematic Intro.
* Northrend will be about as big as Outlands.

Other contents like screenshots could sadly not be saved since the page went offline straight.

The complete FAQ with other Informations in English can be read at wowszene.de.

ya.

Blackhand 08-02-2007 06:46 AM

I hope it's not Northrend...at least, not the whole thing. Arthas needs to wait longer, because they need to release the South Seas Xpack!

Infested_Al 08-02-2007 09:40 AM

yah looks terrible to me imo. another hybrid to squeeze into a 25 man raid grp? what fun

insuranceman 08-02-2007 11:18 AM

SC2 will pretty much be the end of my WoW career. =P

Graeme 08-02-2007 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insuranceman (Post 246916)

qft. I'm likely giving up MMOs for good when SC2 is released ^_^.

Ghost 08-02-2007 12:31 PM

I quit, but the idea of the death knight is enticing. I doubt I'll be starting back up again for this though.

Bred 08-02-2007 03:26 PM

yay blizzard is finally implementing a jedi I mean hero system.

Infested_Al 08-02-2007 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insuranceman (Post 246916)

srsly

been playing some rts to get back into it lately =)

Vash 08-02-2007 09:15 PM

To quote the late great Ragnaros:

"TOO SOON"!

Adron 08-03-2007 09:40 AM

i still dont know tbh, right now i think its too soon, but then again, ill have a full year before it comes out, and maybe theyll release more instances b4 the new expac. And, most of wow playerbase isnt even where i am atm (banging my head at vashj), heck, were the furthest progressed guild on the server.

And then again, who knows, maybe ill get hooked by SC2, or WAR (yeah i know :s )

edit: I also think theyre coming with northrend too soon, as they did with outland/Illidan. Soon they'll run out of characters to opose. Only Deathwing left really...

edit 2: ya, kinda forgot the burning legion...and a bunch of old gods even...meh, i dunno, i think i just likethe idea of villains u never meet. Like, i totally liked naxxramas, since ye killed kel, not the lich king emself...
hmm, maybe im not purplepixel'd minded as i should...

Eli 08-03-2007 10:00 AM

Too soon on Illidan? They waited 4 years for Outland =P

-Eli

Adron 08-03-2007 10:21 AM

i meant tthey came too soon with illidan in outland, the big badass dude whos influence is still with us today. Im with one foot in BT already, and im by far not hardcore.
personally, id like to see the fel orc being far more pronounced, cmon, you 5 man the leader of the entire fel horde, wich killed most draenei and devestated azertoth (the country). even rend was harder then that at 60...

Bred 08-03-2007 11:54 AM

Yah he's got a few good points, but don't forget that blizzard basically threw lorelol out the window when they decided to give draenie intergalatic space ships to zoom from planet to planet in.